Register

What is your fitness routine?

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

Postby Zee Deveel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:13 pm

gordym75 wrote:Broken arms suck mate. I broke mine in August playing football and haven't been able to play since. I'm a goalkeeper you see. Those fancy dans guys playing outfield don't need arms but i do :D

Lol.

I do submission wrestling and gonna start playing rugby again. Definitely need my arms! :P

I broke my humerus (just above the elbow) arm wrestling in a club.

Was a stalemate for a few mins, I decided to put on the squeeze and win it, as I did, twisted my arm and it snapped lol.

Abs and legs? Nice. All I can do at the mo'. You squat?

Chest/Tris Wed and Back/Bicep/Shoulder friday imo!
Last edited by Zee Deveel on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Falbazaar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I feel queezy :551: don't want to imagine that one! That's like the sort of video your mate shows you and you wish you hadn't watched the sssssnnnnnn........AP! ouch!

Makes the fact that I broke both a finger and toe this year laughable :laugh:

.......still hurt though :blush:

No didn't squat this week. Leg raises, ham string raises'thing (you know the one I mean, on your tummy, legs under the bar bla bla), leg press and calf raises. Will do squats next week, just wanted to ease into it after so long off.
Last edited by Falbazaar on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Zee Deveel wrote:I broke my humerus (just above the elbow) arm wrestling in a club.

That sounds very painful. Makes mine (a shattered radial head) seem like a bruise :D Didn't the character Quint in Jaws tell a story of getting a similar injury?

If you ever play football here's my tip. Dont challenge a 14 stone striker in the air next to the post.

Supreme Member

Postby iwebshop » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 am

im ashamed to say it but over the last 20 years i have done no fitness...... :shock:

no im not a fat blob, but im sure my health has certainly suffered to my own doing.

Lightweight

Postby Snoopyredbaron » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 pm

I joined a gym four months ago and try to attend 3-4 times a week, I say try of course because I get very lazy at times and I find it very tiring, I also sweat which can create a pong. I have a nice shower afterwards which is nice, most of the men who attend the gym are around 60 and the women are about 25, it's VERY odd! You need to excercise for 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week to be healthy, it costs me £19.99 per month so it's not too expensive. I get pestered a lot by young women who approach me and try to get off with me, I'm flattered of course, but it's the last thing on my find when I'm working out. :|

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Where did you say that gym was :D

No Life

Postby Bhuna » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Snoopyredbaron wrote:I get pestered a lot by young women who approach me and try to get off with me

hmmmm - so you would rather work out at the gym than work out :D

Lightweight

Postby Snoopyredbaron » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Well now to be honest with you, when I was 20 it would have been lovely but now I'm 40 there is no longer that urge, well not as much anyway. I think most gyms are the same though, young men are at work and old men are told by their doctors to visit a gym to stop getting out of breath going up the stairs. The young women are fitness freaks who are trying to lose some weight off their bottoms, so at my age I'm somewhere in between, I only do mornings so I would imagine that the younger men arrive at night, I don't know. :(

Postby peacemaker99 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm a member of British Military Fitness ( http://www.britmilfit.com ) and they are really good for keeping fit. I go 2 or 3 times a week (depending how lazy i feel) and feel great afterwards! Its about the same price as a gym but all outside in any weather - you dont have to plan a routine or even think, just turn up and they tell you what to do. easy :)
I also play football every saturday for a local 11-a-side team.

Lightweight

Postby BenQ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

It will probably make a few of you laugh but I have been using the Wii Fit for a few months and if done properly believe me you will be sweating by the end of it - thats not due to me being an overweight bloater (perhaps 1 stone over) but it really does put you through your paces.

Postby arobinson1984 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm a member of my local gym which costs £22 a month.

I ty to go 5 times a week, work depending of course.

My routine is:

1st day: Chest & biceps
2nd: Shoulders & triceps
3rd: Back & legs
4th: Rest
5th: Rest
6th: Start cycle again (Chest & biceps)
7th: and so on

I normally am at gym for 2 hours each session and always work abs and do fitness training everytime at end of workout.

Also I play 5 a side football every sunday evening in a league

Andy
Last edited by arobinson1984 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I currently sell fancy dress on ebay, and i'm in the process of building a website, when i finally get round to it! :D

Postby mcdougallretail » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:12 am

Hmmm, not yet being a home-worker (although shortly to be made redundant anyway!), my daily exercise involves:

Numerous rolls to press the snooze button.

Leg exercises getting in and out of the car.

Arm exercises picking up and putting down my coffee cup.

Then running/crawling round after my little boy in the evenings.

Repeated 5 days a week - I like to give myself a rest a weekends :green:

Lightweight

Postby Zee Deveel » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:14 pm

arobinson1984 wrote:I'm a member of my local gym which costs £22 a month.
I normally am at gym for 2 hours each session and always work abs and do fitness training everytime at end of workout.

If you're in the gym for 2 hours, I'd strongly recommend nutrition e.g. shake + banana before moving onto the cardio.

Don't wanna blast your muscles then do a load of cardio and make them wait hours to get any kind of nutrition, that's massively catabolic.

Maybe you already do this, I dunno! Just thought I'd suggest it.

Postby arobinson1984 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks for the advice, I only do light cardio really as my fitness is pretty good anyway from playing football so I just do a bit on rower or cross trainer for half hour.

I do take maximuscle cyclone nutrient at the moment around my workouts.

Andy
I currently sell fancy dress on ebay, and i'm in the process of building a website, when i finally get round to it! :D

Postby CyberHustler » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I used to box for 7 years at my district club and I can safely say it is one of the more effective ways to stay healthy and grow. Also I was on the ketogenic diet, which really paid off at the height of my training. The only supplement I have found to work is creatine, and by far the best thing to drink before workout is caffeine believe it or not.

I'm not so sure about its stress on the circulatory system, but I have found it has little effect on my wellbeing during cardio workouts. Not only does it provide the sense of energy but it is a thermogenic so it burns adipose fat at an immense rate compared otherwise.

Postby arobinson1984 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi cyberhustler,

I have tried creatine before but didnt find it to work for me really.

I have noticed a difference in 2 weeks of taking the cyclone which is a mix of different nutrients including creatine and protein, although it is fairly expensive compared to others.

Cyclone

Above is a link to the product I use, if anyone else has experience with this supplement, any comments would be useful.

Andy

Mayor

Postby jack240302 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi

Never been into exercise in a big way but the year before my wedding i started going to body combat classes 4 times a week. It was the best thing i had ever done & i toned up so quickly. 4 hours a week & i lost 3 stone for my wedding without actually dieting.

Needless to say once wedding over that stopped, the weight is back on :blush: & i regret it big time. Well he's married me hasn't he ;)

My son got the wii for his Xmas & i have been doing a bit everyday & i am enjoying it so much. I plan to keep doing that & then get the wii fit when its back in stock. It is fun & i really don't feel i am exercising at all.

The whole working at home thing though............i actually think it is harder to stay in shape.

Julie

Supreme Member

Postby bodyrocks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Well.............

For the legs - I walk the kids to school twice a day.

For the arms - I get the shopping and carry home every day - 4 bags. (Can't drive).

For the fingers - Typing, and lots of it.

For the brain - Mum and business owner (with no accountant) plus managing finances of both.

For the posteriar and other nether regions - pelvic floor exercises when to busy for the toilet.

Is this good?? ;)

King Member

Postby rain-bow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:05 pm

bodyrocks wrote:Well.............

For the legs - I walk the kids to school twice a day.

For the arms - I get the shopping and carry home every day - 4 bags. (Can't drive).

For the fingers - Typing, and lots of it.

For the brain - Mum and business owner (with no accountant) plus managing finances of both.

For the posteriar and other nether regions - pelvic floor exercises when to busy for the toilet.

Is this good?? ;)

chuckle beats my coffee and fag reaching regime hands down :D

Rain
xxxx
If you want the Rainbow,you have to put up with a little Rain!

Postby dropbop » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:24 am

I think chasing after a 2 year old all day is enough excercise for me! LOL

I do weights: Picking up my son and throwing him in the air a few times

I do Sprints: Chasing my son around the place for 1 minutes burts every 1 minute.

I do sit ups: Soon as I sit down he has me back up again (usually to do more sprints!) hehe

Endurance Lifting: He likes to be carried!

Wax on - Wax off: Cleaning the crayon from the walls LOL

I excercise about 14 hours a day or more (The time he is awake)

Its good fun and keeps me fit :D

Mayor

Postby jack240302 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 am

Hi

I am so loving my sons nintendo wii. It is a shame cos any time he asks to play with it me & his Dad hog it. It is great exercise & at least it doesnt feel like exercise. I warm up with a couple of games of bowling, then tennis, boxing, then finish off with tennis & bowling a again.

Julie :D

Postby TRWebBusinesses » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm

I play football, tennis and i box so im very active.

I am however nursing a long term knee injury :( lol

Mayor

Postby jack240302 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 pm

I get my wii fit on Monday, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Cant wait as i love the wii & having been playing the sports everyday.

Could not believe i managed to get one online at Argos, in fact got 2 one for my neighbour & one for me.

Just Starting Out

Postby backsmith » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 am

Hello,
I get up at 8 and walk 1.5 miles with my friend, then I come home and do some leg lifts, squats, sit ups, and pilates. Then usually sometime else during the day, usually in the evening, I do another 1.5 miles on the treadmill.
So in all, I do 3 miles per day. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious I'll alternate my walks by doing 1 minute of sprints every 5 minutes of walking.
I also do wii fit, but usually thats in addition to what I already do. And I'm 50 lbs overweight.

Just Starting Out

Postby ThompsonZ » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 pm

I try to go gym atleast 4 times a week for around 1 hour (muslce building) in the morning. and during the day try to eat and drink lots of protein :D ive only started around 2 weeks but im noticing the difference allready :D

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Chat