Register

Advice Needed: Which cart to use

For discussion on various ecommerce shopping carts.

Moderator: Staff

Just Starting Out

Advice Needed: Which cart to use

Postby diegosilang » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi. I'm new and just in the process of researching about dropshipping and online shops.

I'm in the process of finding supplier/s but at the same time i want to start creating the website and the associated cart system.

I found Magento and Oscommerce and i would like an advice on which is the easiest to use and set up.

Thanks

King Member

Postby paulc010 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Neither of those carts could ever be described as easy I'm afraid. ZenCart (or CRELoaded, although I'm not a great fan myself) or maybe CubeCart would be better choices.

It really depends on your level of skill (in [x]html, css and php amoungst other things), or how much you're prepared to pay to get work done for you.

Paul
"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

Just Starting Out

Postby diegosilang » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 am

Hi paulc010 I'm not a technophobe so think can learn something if i put my effort into it.

Cubecart looks good and is quite fast based on their demo. You said that you were not a great fan of zencart therefore if it was you, which cart would you use or recommend?

Thanks.

Banned

Postby pcbob » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:25 am

I ended up using cubecart after trying others (not magento). I find it easy to use easy to change skins and generally a nice cart.

A lot of people are put off for the fact a lot of the mods are chargable, but in my opinion they are worth the few pounds you spend, plus most give aftersales support.

This is just my opinion, and others will support their favourite cart, so at the end of the day it's down to you, whichever you find easiest to use or suits your pocket (regarding paid mods).

Hope you find one that suits your needs

Bob

Forum Advertiser

Postby PeteVA » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:37 am

As someone who installs and halds the hand of folks like you diegosilang, I can tell you that the above posts are correct. CubeCart is by far the easiest to set up and get started selling.

I'll install 4 or 5 a week for people and many are selling the next day. Not perfect, but they have items up and can take orders that quickly.

Shoot me a PM or an email to pete at smallbusinesshoster dot com and ask away. I answer questions about carts on a regular basis.

Just Starting Out

Postby diegosilang » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:40 am

Thanks for the reply guys.

I will go ahead and try cubecart.

Best Regards,

Return to Carts