Register

Our belief: Credit is the first, customers are our god.

Anything relating to dropshipping can be posted in here.

Moderator: Staff

Just Starting Out

Our belief: Credit is the first, customers are our god.

Postby Buffalo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi all!

This is my first post. I had recently decided that I want to start in business for myself - strange what early New Year's resolutions and the world of 9-5 can do!

So, I've spent the last couple of weeks while others have been munching on their Christmas turkey doing lots of research. What I seem to have found is:

1) All the UK dropshippers I've looked at offer very low profit margins.
2) All Chinese dropshippers I've looked at could well be bogus.

As an example, I've been looking at a website called shopkaku.com. Their English is far better than my Chinese but they have an interesting belief - "Credit is the first, customers are our god". I listed a couple of items on eBay and had the following message, supposedly from a customer asking a question:

"Happy New Year! You will get precious gifts for free and best discount on price from our
company if you buy products from us before the Christmas! We are a large wholesale and also a retail trading company in China, exporting all kinds of electronical products,for example,digital camera, video, mobile phone,laptop,TV,mp4,GPS and so on. We also welcome drop shipping. Our belief is credit is the first, customer is the God. We are sure that you will be 100% satisfied with our products and service.
Our networks address: < www.uniboe.com >"

So I was wondering, is this just like the US version of "Have a nice day!" or are there lots of similar websites out there? Googling on their mission statement allowed me to find tens of other similar websites with exactly the same belief.

I reckon these websites probably are bogus, but has anyone had any dealings with a Chinese dropshipper with this slogan? Or should I be looking elsewhere for low prices from China?

Many thanks,

Buffalo

Just Starting Out

Postby Iannotts » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Did you have a look at there website name on whois,com?

The site is regitered to Wang Too who also has 400 other domains in his name.

You say they are chinese but the site is regitered in washington?????

Just Starting Out

Postby Buffalo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Iannotts

I did have a look on whois.com and noticed the owner was registered in the US (but not that they had hundreds of other websites!). Interestingly, the eBay user who sent me the message for uniboe.com was also registered in the USA. S/he had about 1500 feedbacks, 99.6% positive. That said, on all the 'credit is the first customers are our god' websites, in the payment options page, the person to pay each time is a different person based in a different part of Beijing. There are so many it's laughable. Part of me wonders if it isn't a scam, because why would you put the same slogan on each website - makes it very easy for people to find/avoid you...

Overall though it all just seems a bit dodgy, have to say it is disappointing though that there are so many scams out there. I just can't help but think that these guys would make a lot more money providing an actual dropshipping service... it is after all something of a seller's market, there are even people queuing up to buy lists of fifth-rate dropshippers!

Oh well... I think I'm just going to chalk off my excitement in finding what I thought was a good dropshipper to experience. A little more research is needed, methinks!

This time next year we'll be millionaires!!

Buffalo

Return to General Dropshipping Chat