Register

DH gate fake items

Post your dealings with dropshippers here. You can also request information on dropshippers or where to get particular products for dropship supply.

Moderator: Staff

Just Starting Out

DH gate fake items

Postby moody » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:06 pm

hi i know that many people use dhgate. My expirience says that they have most fake items if you want to share your expirience post here sellers that are selling fake and original items and your expirience. I hopoe that this topic will give you some support with dealing on dhgate becouse they have some good deals there:)

Just Starting Out

Postby Cheapset » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 am

Hi

I use DHgate very often and you can find Authentic items on the site the problem is that let say the 90% are imitations and replicas, sometimes they are even better than the so called real product in question but you can't sell them as originals, they normaly don't lie and if you sincerily ask the seller if its a copy or authentic they normaly will say it, also beware when they say example:. Original new Nokia 6110 , as they just saying that they guarantee that is new , i guess something to do with the translators they use or maybe is done in purpose to trick the buyer. anyways you can allways refund the items but you will losse the shipping fees on both ways.
I allways recived all items , so far about 300 orders completed

Hope you understand what i try to say as i'm spanish and my english is far from perfect :)

Thank you and hope it help you

Postby span » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi
I agree with cheapset so long as you contact the seller and ask if it is original or not, i find i always get an honest answer from them

Your english is fine i live in spain wish my spanish was as good :blush:

Just Starting Out

Postby Cheapset » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:16 am

span wrote:Hi
I agree with cheapset so long as you contact the seller and ask if it is original or not, i find i always get an honest answer from them

Your english is fine i live in spain wish my spanish was as good :blush:

Actualy i live in Australia but i'm Spanish

Just Starting Out

Postby cs378 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:40 am

I went to their site, they only provide a service for other wholesalers to sell on their site.

I see that some sellers do have feedback, but small amount.

Thanks for the site...

Just Starting Out

Postby moody » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:28 pm

Cheapset wrote:Hi

I use DHgate very often and you can find Authentic items on the site the problem is that let say the 90% are imitations and replicas, sometimes they are even better than the so called real product in question but you can't sell them as originals, they normaly don't lie and if you sincerily ask the seller if its a copy or authentic they normaly will say it, also beware when they say example:. Original new Nokia 6110 , as they just saying that they guarantee that is new , i guess something to do with the translators they use or maybe is done in purpose to trick the buyer. anyways you can allways refund the items but you will losse the shipping fees on both ways.
I allways recived all items , so far about 300 orders completed

Hope you understand what i try to say as i'm spanish and my english is far from perfect :)

Thank you and hope it help you

Thanks my problem was that, when i asked about that thez didnt answer at all.
Then two of them answered and i decided to take a risk (just some memory cards)
One item(laoyuge2008) i received. Its fake. Second...(kaidi) im waiting for it for one month and hi said it was shipped but i didnt received it yet. It doesnt build good impression for first time buyer:) Anyway thanks for answer. Then how should question look like? Is it Genuine item? or?
Have a look here: http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_ff8 ... 60902.html

Oh and sorry if my english is not great but im not english as well( lets say that im east europe seller)
Last edited by moody on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just Starting Out

Postby cs378 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:56 am

im 100% sure the link you provided to the glasses is FAKE

:cheers:

I Live Here

Postby batespcm » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:44 am

they are fake

however if you ask the seller normally they will tell you this

-# Administrator

Postby Robbo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 am

haha, £6 for authentic Gucci sunnies, don't think so.
I am the site administrator but do not moderate the forum. Please direct all moderation queries to a moderator.

Sponsors: DevilWear
Want to advertise on the forum? look here

Just Starting Out

Postby dhgate » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:42 am

;) See the seller trust score. Others has choosen the right seller for you. The higher , the better.
Gump Kan
Public Relationship Coordinator
prc@dhgate.com

Just Starting Out

Postby phreaky_boi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 pm

The best thing to do with fake merchandise is just to ask the seller if its legit or not. Chance are the stuff sold on eBay are probably fake but because the quality is so good, it doesn't really matter. For shoes like Nike Timberland etc they would be fine, but Gucci and those other over-priced shoes I'd stay away from. You could get into some serious trouble if the buyer complains.

I Live Here

Postby batespcm » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:03 am

The best thing to do with fake merchandise is just to ask the seller if its legit or not. Chance are the stuff sold on eBay are probably fake but because the quality is so good, it doesn't really matter. For shoes like Nike Timberland etc they would be fine, but Gucci and those other over-priced shoes I'd stay away from. You could get into some serious trouble if the buyer complains.

selling fakes is not okay even if the quality is good

i would rather spend 10 times or 100 times more and know i was getting the real thing
Last edited by batespcm on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightweight

Postby chewie49 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:36 am

I don't understand....is this company a Dropshipper? I couldn't find the information on their site

I Live Here

Postby batespcm » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:47 pm

dhgate is not a dropshipper

they are a portal for want of ma better word

they are a place for chinese suppliers to go and list there products for western buyers to purchase and then they will dropship them for you

dhgate are the go between who hold onto the money until you say you are happy and then they pay the seller (so like escrow really)

if you are unhappy though you do not get the carriage charges refunded
Last edited by batespcm on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Starting Out

Postby bibichris » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Pity i didn't read this thread before! I just received from DHgate some fake items. I thought they were genuine because the price was not so cheap! Now i opened a dispute, but after reading Shadowknight i think i'm loosing my time :<

Just Starting Out

Postby bibichris » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Ops, sorry, i didn't notice that was a very old thread :blush:

Just Starting Out

Postby smokeybandit_28 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 am

I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. I had a look at DHGATE and specifically the golf gear. Now no company can sell titleist Pro v1's at the price these guys were selling them for. Worked out at about £8 for a dozen, retail here is easily £30. Same with the new taylor made drivers the prices were just too good. So i contacted every single seller of golf gear on DHGATE with regard to the authenticity of the products and about 90% replied and 100% of them said that the goods were replicas. So at least you know where you stand.

Just Starting Out

Postby redjan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:26 am

OK, I'm new to all of this . I've seen some great items on DH gate, bags, accessories etc. I want to market them on my site. I will ask the sellers if they are fake or not but even if they are fake I'd like to sell them. I have asked for photos etc. without logos and they are always very quick to respond and helpful.
Now my question is, and I'm sorry if this is old ground and I seem dim; if I sell, say a pair of branded shoes and say that they're in the style of that brand but don't say they're genuine, am I ok or on very dodgy ground?
I'm aiming at women who see the lovely items in magazines and know that they won't ever be able to afford the genuine item but can get a look alike.
I personally am comfortable wearing fakes but I don't want to trick anyone.
Where do I stand?

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 am

redjan wrote:and I'm sorry if this is old ground and I seem dim

redjan wrote:am I ok or on very dodgy ground?

You should probably not book any future holidays too far in advance, as chances are, judging by your attitude, you could be spending a nice spell in the clink, trying not to drop the soap.

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Where do I stand?

Right now on the side of drug barons, sex slavers, child prostitute pimps, sweat shops, money laundering, murderers etc. That's what many fakes are made for, laundering the money from these criminal activities.

Are you really comfortable in shoes, clothes and accessories from businesses built on plumbing the depths of human misery just so you don't have to pay designers?
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Strange, isn't it, how human nature reacts to so-called 'designer' products.

And when you see people wearing jumpers with Nike, Adidas, Ellesse, etc, and will wear the the clothes with the most prominent logos on, to show people 'Hey, look at me in this, I must be doing 'alright', eh, because I am wearing a name '.

King Member

Postby rain-bow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:46 pm

DVDdropship wrote:Strange, isn't it, how human nature reacts to so-called 'designer' products.

lol am i the only person that sees someone in designer gear and thinks muppet fancy paying all that money for a badge ..............................

Rain
If you want the Rainbow,you have to put up with a little Rain!

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:08 pm

rain-bow wrote:lol am i the only person that sees someone in designer gear and thinks muppet fancy paying all that money for a badge ..............................

I am still surprised, that nobody has come up with the idea to create a brand called 'no badge, no name', for customers not interested in brand names, but STILL charge £40/£50 quid for a jumper.

Tell you what, Rain, you design the logo and I will knock up the the Far East sweat-shop. Make a killing :D

King Member

Postby rain-bow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:31 pm

hmmm

cant see that working can you ??

you and i working together ??

personally i cant understand the brand/name thing never have

luckily my kids arent particularly enamoured either .. ;)

i have a 13 year old who point blank refuses to buy a brand named goods on principle ...

Rain
If you want the Rainbow,you have to put up with a little Rain!

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:31 pm

rain-bow wrote:
lol am i the only person that sees someone in designer gear and thinks muppet fancy paying all that money for a badge ..............................

It depends, I always advocate buying the best you can because cheap clothes and shoes never last. Every time I've bought a cheap clothes and boots for work, it's been ripped or snagged or worn out in no time. Some names are pretty hardy and while wellies like Hunters wear out almost as fast as a cheap pair, they are vastly more comfortable to spend most of the day in, that's worth the £20 + a pair extra when after 18 hours your feet don't spend all night screaming in agony.

I wear a particular brand of sneakers, have done for years. The reason being they are comfortable for knocking around in and they last around 18 months to 2 years. In lean times I've bought ASDAs own for £5 or £10 a pair and on both occasions the lasted less than a 3 weeks. Since my branded sneakers cost around £2.50 a month and I don;t have to keep going out to buy a pair, it's a big saving.
Last edited by Baa on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Next

Return to Dropship Suppliers