Register

Google base feed

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Google base feed

Postby Sash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Anyone else got zero products in google because of the google merchant feeder not updated yet??

I have absolutely nothing on google anywhere worth searching,,

Taken me ages to get somewhere with it , and quite a few products were hitting page 1.2.3

Now nothing,, not even a crawl to the website,visitors from google search...

its like the site doesnt exist....

anyone else or just me???

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 pm

If you look in your Google base account you'll probably see that your feed has been banned. It will be either lack of product categories or codes that are now required.

Edit: What version Zen Cart are you using?
Last edited by Wayzgoose on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:46 pm

cheers wayzgoose,, yea i know they have dis-approved, apparently cant do anything til the update has been released for it,,

just wondered how many people have been affected on here with it,,

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:50 pm

This latest Google/Zen Cart problem has managed to get me shifting to finally solve the problem once and for all !!!

Postby Sash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:48 pm

How did yours work?? I cant even get it fill the upload file with the products,, its says it has processed but when it uploads it , its just a blank file with nothing on it??

any idea to solve that?

cheers

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I sorted it by moving away from Zen Cart (well, in the process anyway). Had enough of constant updates and things not working. Thought to myself do I want to sell stuff or spend my days tinkering with sites every time a browser updates or Google moves the goal posts. When you look at Zen updates, browser updates, php updates etc. it all becomes a never ending job and I decided I'd had enough.

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Did you know there is a company that has a script that will import all products and orders from one cart to another prices start from around $50 but that is for a lot of products and saves a lot of time adding them to your new cart.
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

Postby Sash » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Can anyone possibly help out with this,, its driving insane ,, ive installed/uninstalled about 40 times and its still the same ,,

5.Go to Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches and patch your database with install.sql by copying and pasting (If you encounter errors, try the upload option)

it gives the duplicate error,, its a clean install as it goes up without any overwrites to a file i might have left,,

ive done this to see if it helps with a new install
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...postcount=3249

every time is the same duplicate

Postby firewall » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 pm

have you put the all important file in the root "googlefroogle.php"
I missed it out at first then realized what I had done as it was not with all the other files ,once I put it in place all worked great

Postby Sash » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 pm

I can get the module to work every time i install it,, Just not the updated with the google catergory etc ,,these parts are misiing from the configuration,, and its these bits i need??

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Sash I can't help you at all. I got around to updating to the merchant feed module last night and it doesn't work.

When I install the sql file it goes to a page not found so I went into cpanel and installed from there but get an error message

I never had any problems with the old google feed :(

Postby Sash » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:25 pm

I get the module to work, its the new required catergories that i cant get onto the configuration,, ive tried that many times i almost put the pc through the window,,

see attachmeent to see what bits are missing from the google merchant configuration,,

Hopefully someone might know,,, :burst:
Attachments
Aviary zen-cart-com Picture 1.png
Aviary zen-cart-com Picture 1.png (7.35 KiB) Viewed 2346 times

Postby firewall » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:55 pm

After I replied earlier on I too had noticed my feed had gone up in smoke .After a few installs I have managed to get 216 of my 615 products up again ..People are going to start noticing soon as they go down 1 by 1 and have to update their sites
Have you got Show Quantity in Stock set as true .that was 1 thing holding me back
Last edited by firewall on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sash » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi dont have any problem with processing a feed,, its the above (Attachment) if you dont have them in the configuration i cant upload the files to google as they will reject it,,

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I don't understand this new Google Merchant Centre feed :lol: Before with the google feed you could download the file and check it out, this one you only have a dropdown list to choose from products, documents, news and then max products and starting point.

Not sure what the starting point means or what you're supposed to put in there.

If google doesn't accept the feed how can you check it to see what's wrong, where is it, I can't find it in the feeds directory.

Google is becoming like ebay, getting sellers to jump through hoops and adding more hoops every week. I'll either decide, stuff them or I'll get someone to install it for me.

Postby firewall » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:18 pm

there is another option for 28 euro but it has a few bad reviews then 1 good 1 not going to waste money trying something unless I know it works .
Still only have 216 out of 615 products up ..really bizarre

Postby Sash » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 pm

laggardlady wrote:I don't understand this new Google Merchant Centre feed :lol: Before with the google feed you could download the file and check it out, this one you only have a dropdown list to choose from products, documents, news and then max products and starting point.

Not sure what the starting point means or what you're supposed to put in there.

If google doesn't accept the feed how can you check it to see what's wrong, where is it, I can't find it in the feeds directory.

Google is becoming like ebay, getting sellers to jump through hoops and adding more hoops every week. I'll either decide, stuff them or I'll get someone to install it for me.

just click confirm and it processes just like the last one you dont have to do anything with the other bits, just as long its set to products,, and in the big blue bar underneath it'll show the file and an upload option,,,

do you have a default product category section in the configuration

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Firewall, I found one that installs it for 25 dollars, haven't checked any reviews yet for it. http://www.numinix.com/google-merchant-center-feeder

Thanks Sash but mine doesn't process :lol: there's nothing underneath the blue bar. I found something in the feed folder but there was hardly anything in the file, just a couple of lines but no products.

I'm sure I read on google last night that if you upload too many files which aren't working they will close your account, there'a a link to upload a test one, but if there's no file available to look at and it gets automatically uploaded to google, how are you supposed to check it or upload a test one.

I might not bother with it at all. At the moment I'm thinking stuff google, next week it will be something else and I'm fed up jumping through hoops for them.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm

LL - that's just why I wrote the above:

I sorted it by moving away from Zen Cart (well, in the process anyway). Had enough of constant updates and things not working. Thought to myself do I want to sell stuff or spend my days tinkering with sites every time a browser updates or Google moves the goal posts. When you look at Zen updates, browser updates, php updates etc. it all becomes a never ending job and I decided I'd had enough.

I've now moved the wholesale side of things to a "site provider". Couldn't afford to "stuff" Google as at least half our orders come through the shopping link. We are now back on the first page of the shopping results with a perfect feed. Google and site updates are no longer my problem - I am so very glad to say !!!

Postby firewall » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:42 am

laggardlady wrote:Firewall, I found one that installs it for 25 dollars, haven't checked any reviews yet for it. http://www.numinix.com/google-merchant-center-feeder

Looks exactly like the 1 from zencart download :shock: .You only pay if you want it installed though ..Thing is mine is working albeit only a third of products
Last edited by firewall on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Sash » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 pm

LL if you havent done it yet,, to see the file you created when you click confirm,, you need to set "show quantity" to true in the configuration,,

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks Sash, but still nothing.

On one site in which the older version was installed, under Admin/Configuration I have the Google Base Feeder Configuration but I've uploaded the merchant feeder thing to two sites and don't have anything under configuration as when I try to install the sql files I get taken to a page not found on my site.

It's all borrocks really, when you look at the hundreds of pages of questions re the problems to do with this mod.

Alan, Where did you move to?

Postby Sash » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:30 pm

yea that what im getting, it goes up fine until you put in the "install" file and it puts up a massive duplicate error page,, and have no additional options in configuration

trying to get an answer on the zen cart forum, but my posts are seemingly invisible :evil: :evil:

Postby firewall » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Sash do you mean the duplicate when running the 2 sql files ... As it works even though you get a error message ,well it has for me

Postby TJR Stores » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 am

firewall wrote:
laggardlady wrote:Firewall, I found one that installs it for 25 dollars, haven't checked any reviews yet for it. http://www.numinix.com/google-merchant-center-feeder

Looks exactly like the 1 from zencart download :shock: .You only pay if you want it installed though ..Thing is mine is working albeit only a third of products

The one on the zen cart website is an older version.

Zen Cart;
Version: 1.10.2

Numinix directly;
Version: 1.12.0

Make sure you are running the latest version as there are lots of bug/code fixes between v1.10.2 - 1.12.0

Hope that helps

EDIT: Not sure if you go this new thread too..

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthrea ... ost1073421
Last edited by TJR Stores on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Other Carts