Register

CSV file with external links

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

CSV file with external links

Postby Sash » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi guys,, i have some csv files i could use, but most have external image and products links, and when i tried to upload it in zen cart admin ,, it listed them but without the actual images??

Any idea how i can get the external image to display??

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Sash, should you be using those external images from you suppliers site? Is your supplier happy for you to do that or should you not be uploading your own images to your site?

A few of my dropshippers give links to their images in their files but I've always uploaded my own images to my site. I also wouldn't want someone clicking on one of my sites images and seeing the suppliers site as they might go there and buy it cheaper.

Zen cart takes it's images from the images folders so I don't know if it's possible to bypass that and have them taken from another site. Maybe something would have to be re coded? Sorry, can't really help you there. I would think maybe you could only have an external image showing in the actual body of the product description but I could be wrong. Hoepfully someone else can come along and help, but I would check first if you are allowed to use the images direct from their site if you haven't already done so.

Postby Sash » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi LL , I upload my own images from suppliers like you, as they dont supply images, so have to do it the long way,although one did send me a disc with images which was helpful lol,,

The reason im asking was because im looking at affiliate feeds , i am aware of amazon feeds from suppliers, but the affiliate place i looked into hasnt got that, and supplies feeds i can upload, but they all have external links to images,,

I thought surely not everyone scapes their own images off the suppliers site and there must be an easier way, as some have hundereds or thousands of product images,

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:42 pm

What about this thread and the links leading from it. Could that possibly help you out or have you already read it :(

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54551

Just Starting Out

Postby latief » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 am

Sorry if I wrong. Is it about use images from another site?

I mean, you have site aaa.com, and you want image from site bbb.com appear on your site? The name's hot linking. If I can give suggestion, please don't do that. Because it will steal bbb.com's bandwidth. And if they not want you that, they can prevent you to do that with 'little customization' at their site.

It's one article how to stop hot linking http://altlab.com/htaccess_tutorial.html

Postby Sash » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:00 pm

latief wrote:Sorry if I wrong. Is it about use images from another site?

I mean, you have site aaa.com, and you want image from site bbb.com appear on your site? The name's hot linking. If I can give suggestion, please don't do that. Because it will steal bbb.com's bandwidth. And if they not want you that, they can prevent you to do that with 'little customization' at their site.

It's one article how to stop hot linking http://altlab.com/htaccess_tutorial.html

Yes you are wrong!! :cheers:

Return to Other Carts