Register

Attribute Sort Order

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

King Member

Attribute Sort Order

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I think I may be trying to do something that's not possible but then again I may have missed something.

I want to use a variety of Text attributes, some of which may be used for multiple products. Trouble is the different products may not need them in the same order. So, question is, is it possible to leave to sort order at 0 when it is created but give it an order when it's attached to a product. Thought I had just that sorted but it didn't show correctly on site.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:51 pm

I just tried it Alan, thought it was fine editing it and putting a sort order number in but it didn't work on the site. I'm thinking that's what you did too. Not sure if it's possible or not, never needed it like that.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

The only Sort Order Heading I could find once it was attached to a product was under the Prices and Weights heading which seemed an odd place for it. But then it didn't work anyway.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 pm

That's the one I found as well. :lol: I suppose it was worth looking at even if it didn't work.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Manages to fiddle it. Just called all the first lines "Line 1" with a sort order of 10. "Line 2" all have a sort order of 20 etc. Then just have as many "Line 1's" with different quantity of characters as required.

Return to Other Carts