Register

Attributes Help

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Attributes Help

Postby SinfulWicked » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi all i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some information here. I use zencart for my website and when doing attributes i do the normal colour attribute and then the sizes

Now my problem is this the collections i hold are being discontinued right now for new stock and when it comes to deleteing the ones that are no longer available i am currently just writing please note say white medium is no longer available.

What i want to do is set it so i can delete say white medium, which i cant do right now as it would delete medium from all of the colours available

Does zencart have a facility where by you can individually delete the items like this or do you have to do the attributes to say White Small, White Medium and White Large, repeating that to the other colours

Any help would be great please

Thanks

Chrissy x

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

You can delete or amend the attributes for any individual product.
Go to products in your admin, select the product to amend then select the attribute symbol (3rd from the end). In the next page click on the attribute controller button then edit or delete from the screen that comes up.

They may be a quicker way but that is how I do it.

Bill

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:23 pm

bill7096 wrote:They may be a quicker way but that is how I do it.

Very slightly quicker way if you are doing more than one but your way is better if it's just the one product.

catalog -> attributes controller
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Postby SinfulWicked » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:30 pm

What i meant was say for instance i have a corset in white sizes small medium and large

Normally i do attributes where top box is colour: then the colours that are there then another for the sizes

Say i have a small medium and large white, black, red etc and only the white medium is discontinued, other than writing white medium is no longer available i cant remove either the white as it still has small large available and cant delete the medium attribute or it will take the medium off of all the colours

Does this make sense as it is confusing the hell out of me.lol

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Basic answer is no you can't.

Someone may know better but I can't see how it can be done.
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 pm

This may be a bit late but I've just spotted an add on that might help in some way.

Stock by Attributes
http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=310

Return to Other Carts