Register

Uploading things to Zen Cart through my server

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Just Starting Out

Uploading things to Zen Cart through my server

Postby boomerang » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Ok, I've got myself confused. I'm linked up to my host's server through FileZilla. I've downloaded a template for my website. I've tried adding it to the templates folder, directories
my name/www/catalog/includes/templates but it doesn't then show up on my admin panel.

I have looked at tutorials and I can't figure what I'm doing wrong! After looking at one of the tutorials I tried renaming the 'www' directory as Zen Cart but then I couldn't access my control panel!

If anyone could point out where I'm going wrong (in small words haha) or let me know if this is something to ask my host I am eagerly awaiting your reply!

Boomerang

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Normally with templates you upload them to your root folder. There should be instructions with the template.

I always do it the long way round :lol: I open up each folder seperately and upload the files to the corresponding folder on the website so I can see where everything goes.

Postby Sash » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Was you not supposed to rename your zencart admin folder? instead of the "www" root folder, Did you click reset?? cant remember if its in template selection etc,

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:43 am

your file directory should be public_html then you shall see all your site files, then if your template just has a "includes" folder; upload that to public_html and it shall merge with your exsisting "includes" folder.

Just make sure the folders on the local and remote sites are the same layout or it could end up in the wrong directory. (I've had that happen before)

Then go to admin and it should be there.

Good Luck
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

Just Starting Out

Postby boomerang » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks I'll have a look to check the layout!
Boomerang

Just Starting Out

Postby boomerang » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Ok still stuck!

There is no public_html directory, do you mean on the local or remote site?

Boomerang

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 pm

On your site on the web. The one that's being hosted.

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm

On your remote site there will be a directory called Public_html, your full website ie yoursite.co.uk will live in this directory.

I don't know which template you are trying to install but most of them are just an includes folder. Upload this includes folder to yoursite.co.uk and that should be it, it should then be showing in your Admin/tools/template selection.

Check the install instructions that came with your template to see if any additional configuration is required.

Bill

King Member

Postby scotserve » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Not all servers follow the "public_html" folder structure, it may be "web" "www" "htdocs" "httpfiles" etc etc Depends on the server.

OK just re read initial post
my name/www/catalog/includes/templates

Within the template you downloaded there will be an includes directory you need to upload THE CONTENTS of this folder to /my name/www/catalog/includes

Just Starting Out

Postby boomerang » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Scotserve I could kiss you. Thank you for helping me before I tore all my hair out!

Return to Other Carts