Register

Website Help - Products

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Website Help - Products

Postby leedsunited123 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am

Hello guys, so I got my site a few weeks ago, however one thing that I am really struggling withd espite reading up on is this:

I have items of clothing to sell, however I would like a drop down box with an option of small, medium and large sizes. ANyone know how to do this in the most basic way? thanks

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 am

Fill out the names, eg. size, colour

Once you've filled out the names click on option values.

Click on size and at the en: box input Small, order: 1 then insert
Do the same again for medium and large and all the sizes.

If you put in the order number as 1,2,3,4, or if you have colour choices you can put them in as 10,20,30 this way if you need to add in another colour you can put it in between and put the order number as 15. Not everyone puts in the order number but I like my sites to show the options in proper order such as Small, Medium, Large, XLarge instead of which some sites show them muddled up. Same a colours, only alphabetical sort order will do for me :lol:

Hope that's all understandable to you
Last edited by laggardlady on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby leedsunited123 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello, I appreciate your reply. When I go to catalog I have a few options, either option name manager or option name sorter. I presume it's option name manager. However, still not really sure what I am doing, all looks too complicated!

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:34 pm

if you visit www.interlogy.co.uk/tutorials I have just added a video tutorial on adding attributes.
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 pm

It does look complicated to start with. I'm sure we've all been there sitting looking at the screen wondering what on earth to do :lol:

Okay, log into admin.

put your curser at 'catalog' once the list drops down click on 'Option name Manager' This is the bit that you want to put in size

add size at the en: box then there's a dropdown box which usually starts with dropdown, this gives you the option of what you want it to look like on your site. If it's dropdown you choose then it's a dropdown box that shows on your site. If you choose 'Radio' then the sizes show on your site

o Small
o Medium
o Large
o XLarge and the customers click on the o to highlight it so choosing their size option.

Once you have input size into the 'Option Name Manager' You'll see there are two boxes near the top, underneath the green bar. Attribute Controller and Option Values.

Choose Option Values it clicks onto a new page and you'll see 'Size' showing with an en: box and and Order Box. Put the first size into the en: box eg Small, put 1 into the Order box. The order box is the box which decides which order the attributes show up on your website.

Once you've filled in en: with Small and Order with 1 click on insert and you'll see it showing on the page.

At the en: box input Medium, then nmber 2 in the order box and click insert. Keep doing this until all your sizes are in.

When you want to add the sizes to your products you can either click on the Attribute Controller and choose your category and then your product from there, or if you are in your categories, highlight a product and then click the black A button along the right hand side of the item and it takes you to the attributes just for that item.

Underneath that you'll see the option name, click on that then click on the size you need.

There's a mod which can be installed so instead of clicking on Small and clicking insert then going back and clicking on the next size, you can use your control key and click all the sizes you want which inserts them all at once. If all your products have the same attributes and you're not sure about mods then just put them in one by one and you can then there are options nearer the top that you can click to add the same attributes to other items or to whole categories

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:39 pm

HostMyShop wrote:if you visit www.interlogy.co.uk/tutorials I have just added a video tutorial on adding attributes.

Awww Shane , you might have been quicker with that :< It would have saved me all that typing :green:

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Well if they get stuck with the tutorial then they have yours to fall back on, or vise versa ;)
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

King Member

Postby scotserve » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Considering I sent him the link to the tutorials 2 weeks ago I think you might be fighting a losing battle

Return to Other Carts