Register

Web Application Security

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

No Life

Postby Bhuna » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:32 pm

With each upgrade there is a document file saved in the /docs directory.

So if you were just updating from 1.3.9f you would open the 1.39.gupgrade document and read what files they have deleted, added, changed.

You can then select those files only.
Last edited by Bhuna on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm still on 1.3.8a :S

No Life

Postby Bhuna » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 pm

ah ok.

A couple of my sites are as well at moment.

It depends on how many mods you have done/added Alan - I decided to build a brand new site from scratch and then add all the mods - I am now using that as an entire site template for several of my sites and just changing the logo/backdrop pictures.

The only thing you then need to change also is the configure.php files and a database for each.

You could look at building a new site in a new directory say /shopnumber2 then looking at what files you have in your template system folders and move them across checking the changes.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't think it's the mods so much as I only have half a dozen installed. It's the myriad of files that have subtle wording/layout/colour changes that have been done over the last couple of years.

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:34 pm

1.3.8a, ah well, not just me then, I've just noticed that my main earning site is on 'a' :shock:

I too have now standardised a template that I am rolling out accross all of my Zen sites, but I think for a 1.3.8a site then a complete new install is the way to go so I can upgrade and install my template all in one go.

Thanks to the OP for giving us a nudge to not be complacent about our sites, security is a priority, busy or not it has to be kept up to date.

King Member

Postby scotserve » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Wayzgoose wrote:I don't think it's the mods so much as I only have half a dozen installed. It's the myriad of files that have subtle wording/layout/colour changes that have been done over the last couple of years.

It doesnt matter whether it is a "mod" or otherwise, the fact remains if you have core files upgrade then you will need to attend to these files in the first instance
r
1.3.8 has serious problems in the uprgrading aspect however that is up to the host whether that is acceptable or not

1.3.8 for example cannot be run on PHP 5.3.* as it screws up without a mod - this is the chance you take with a cheap host - you dont know what their knowledge is not their experience in shopping carts

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:43 am

I have upgraded my site from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9g

but..

1.3.9g is broken so expect a 1.3.9h very soon.
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthrea ... 81&page=14

Annoying that I have a secured site but with problems in the admin area, it seems like they didn't test it very well before releasing.
Last edited by eemarket on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to Other Carts