Register

Showcase Mod. Shows BOX_CATALOG_SHOWCASE in Admin > catal

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

-# Moderator

Showcase Mod. Shows BOX_CATALOG_SHOWCASE in Admin > catal

Postby laggardlady » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 am

I've installed the showcase mod on my site. In admin > catalog> it shows as BOX_CATALOG_SHOWCASE and when I click into it under id# Products it displays as

TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_SHOWCASE

I can click and go in and add products and it appears to work but doesn't add them.

Has anyone any idea what file I would need to check to get it working properly. :D

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:43 am

I can't help you with that one but I also use Product Showcase but I cheat. I just rename everything to do with featured and use that instead. I decided that most people know that most featured items aren't really "featured" at all so I thought it would be better used in other ways.

Alan.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 am

You know Alan, that's sounds like a great idea, I think I'll copy you.

I did install the showcase previously on this site, luckily I have at last learned from my past mistakes and try things out on a test site first :lol: and it turned all my box headers to that format, nothing showed correctly. I was going to delete zen cart and start again but instead I upgraded to the latest one through installatron and it sorted all my problems. Thought I would have another bash at it but think I'll stick to the featured one.

If I rename the headings I am going to take notes this time as I got rid of the 'new products' on a site so there's no heading at the top, didn't make notes and can't remember how I did it :lol: although presumably I changed the millions of files which show in the developers tool kit.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 am

It's very hard to know what all those files do isn't it? Sometimes you pick one and it just happens to have the desired effect, other times you seem to have to go through the whole list. But what do they all do?

Alan.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 pm

I have no idea what they all do. There are so many files named the same but in different directories. Goodness knows how they all link up.

I hate when there's an error in a file and I open it up and it's all code, total gobbleydeygook, not a bit of English in it. Those ones flummox me and I end up closing them again immediately :lol:

Return to Other Carts