Register

image handler 2 install

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

image handler 2 install

Postby Sash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Ive just installed image handler 2 on zencart, done the install the way it said (or maybe just the way i thought),but now im doubting it???

I install it in the "store folder" under the public html folder... Is that the right one?? it aint showing up when i go into zencart admin,,

Now im not sure if that was right, (usual beginner headaches lol)...

I got in a flap when i installed the paypal thing,,, That problem turned out to be The server , as it took quite a while before it forwarded correctly to paypal when testing the checkout...

Could this maybe be the same issue, i.e slow for the server to pick it up??
When i did the easy populate it was instantly on the Admin>tools..... Thanks.....

I'll update this if it was or not lol, any advice in the meantime would be appreciated....

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Sash wrote:Could this maybe be the same issue, i.e slow for the server to pick it up??
When i did the easy populate it was instantly on the Admin>tools..... Thanks.....

Hi Sash,

It shouldn't really have anything to do with your server. If you haven't got Image Handler 2 as an option in your Zen Cart Admin -> Tools pull down list (should be near the bottom), then it sounds like you haven't uploaded the files to the right locations.

Re-read the instructions, ensuring that before you upload the the files to your server, you have re-named the 'admin' folder to whatever you have renamed your own to and changed the 'YOUR_TEMPLATE' folder in the IH2 upload files to that of your own template name that you are using.

Keep at it ;)

Richard

Postby Sash » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks Richard, ive istallled, un-istalled quite a few times,, It goes up no problems and doesnt cause anything to stop working, and it shows up that its there everywhere,,

Just doesnt work lol.... i changed the admin name folder to the same as mine, and changed the YOUR_Template file to classic, as its still the standard green template im using,,

i uploaded it , it takes maybe less tan 10 seconds (less) and watching it on Filezilla, you see it choosing the directories one by one,,,

If it came up with errors that would be fine,as its obviously wrong,
but it uploaded and now its playing hide and seek, sitting somewere laughing!!! lol .....

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Following advice from others, I open all directories in turn and send the files over one at a time.

Alan.

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

If you go to....
Admin :arrow: Tools :arrow: Image Handler2 it will open the IH2 control panel.
Click on Admin and see if there is an install option there.
If there is, then click on it.

If not, then check permissions in your images and bmz_cache folder to 777 (they need to be the same, in some cases 755 also works).

Postby Sash » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, the problem is now fixed,( not by me) but a very helpful guy named Redspell who has been great!!!!

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Sash wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, the problem is now fixed,( not by me) but a very helpful guy named Redspell who has been great!!!!

You'll see a handy little "helped" button that might need a click ;-)

Alan.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Sash that's great that it's fixed for you. You could give Redspell a helped point, should show for you at the bottom of your post next to your profile and pm buttons. :p

Postby Sash » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:57 pm

oops me bad, done it now! thanks Redspell

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Sash,

Glad you are sorted, thanks for the yellow :lol: .

Cheers

Richard

Return to Other Carts