Register

Main Page

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

Main Page

Postby pjlarambla » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

Have been offline for 4 days now while changing supplers, felt like, me mum would not let me have my dummy when I was a kid.

Could some one please help me, I have removed the zen advert the big book from my main page. I would like to now make a main page with a image of my own, and a small write up on the shop.

I did not delete the main page just all reference to the advert, so still have basicly a blank page, so how do I enter the image that I want, and as I do not really know code would it be best to use the html editor. And how do I go about this.

Using Zen 1.3.9d

All help would be greatfully received really need to get on now after being offline for so long.

Thanks All
Be Lucky

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:36 pm

In Admin go to tools and select Define Pages Editor. When you are there you can select Define Main Page.php from the dropdown box and type you content straight in there.

Bill

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Bill,

Cheers, but I not sure how to make the link to my image that I want, and where to put the photo.
Be Lucky

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Hover over the icons in the tool bar of the editor and you will find an image inserter.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Sorry, pjlarambla, I thought you were clear on this after the pm's. You'll need to get the hang of that ftp programme and then add the picture to your images directory so that you can enter the url in the pop-up box.

Alan.

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Sorry Alan,

Still have not got the hang of it yet, will have to. The thing is I have been off line and trying to do other things. Will have to learn soon my images will not down load in File Manager that I am using at the moment, Alan I still need lots of help.
Be Lucky

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Have you managed to enter all your details into the ftp programme so that it connects to your site?

Alan.

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Alan,

Yes and got connect to my site, tried to upload an image file twice told it to just put it in images, went to images but could not find the file. So in the end I used file manager again,

Started on my main page. Then tried to put an image in to it hoved over the image inset button pressed it, and it started to ask for a url to the image, put in what I thought it would be but started getting error 404 you do not have permisions to enter this or somethink in those lines. I know the image is in the image file in public html but do not know how to link to it.

have done a few things on the site like the privy and conditions. have a decko at it tell me it looks like crap

Peter
Be Lucky

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi any one able to help me out with this image link in the html editor,

the image is in the image folder in public_html folder but just can not work out what the url the program is asking for every thing I put in comes with an error when I press the preview button, pulling my hair out here trying to work it out, have not got a lot ether. :burst:
Be Lucky

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 pm

the url would be http://www.yourdomainname.co.uk/images/ imagename.jpg or JPG or gif or whatever you have your image saved as
Last edited by laggardlady on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks very much LaggardLady thats all I wanted makes things so easy when you know,
it took so long to get a simple thing :cheers:
Be Lucky

Just Starting Out

Postby livvylou » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:47 pm

i would strongly advise that you install a new editor to you zencart installation, a little daunting at first if you are not familiar with ftp but well worth it in the end, this will then allow you to have better control over your formatting and upload images directy from within your editor to your cosen folder

im not sure if im allowed to post links yet soill give you directions and links at the bottom of my post, you should look up the official zen-cart dot com site and go to add ons section and search for FCKeditor Plugin or TinyMCE Plugin, both files should contain step by step directions for installation

please note this is not necessary but just a suggestion.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=269

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=268

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:55 pm

This is the method I use to install images using the HTML Editor or Tiny_mce editor...

1. FTP the image I want to use to my public_html/images folder
2. Go into Tools>Define Pages Editor
3. Switch Text Editor from 'text area' to 'htmlarea'
4. Go into define_main_page.php( from the dropdown list in Tools/Define Pages Editor)
5. Place cursor where you want the image to appear and click on 'insert image' icon...a box pops up asking for the url of the image and I just put /images/nameofimage.jpg and the image appears
6. To make the image linkable I just clicked on the 'link' icon and put the url I want the image to be directed to.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by eemarket on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Other Carts