Register

DHL Importing change

Using a non-UK supplier, overseas sales, import taxes etc...

Moderator: Staff

Mayor

DHL Importing change

Postby deputydog » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm

DHL have now changed their importing system so if your overseas supplier ships to you and you do not have a DHL account you now have to pay import duty and vat upfront before you get the parcel.

DHL account holders get billed and invoiced monthly ,so if you import more than 12 parcels a year its worth setting up an account.

If you get a parcel stopped DHL's vat & duty payment line phone number is 0844 209 0102

:cheers:

Re: DHL Importing change

Postby SinfulWicked » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 pm

deputydog wrote:DHL have now changed their importing system so if your overseas supplier ships to you and you do not have a DHL account you now have to pay import duty and vat upfront before you get the parcel.

DHL account holders get billed and invoiced monthly ,so if you import more than 12 parcels a year its worth setting up an account.

If you get a parcel stopped DHL's vat & duty payment line phone number is 0844 209 0102

Hey there i am looking at using DHL for my importing, (just starting out). Which would be the best option to use for this as i have seen air freight, sea freight etc.

Thanks xx

Mayor

Postby deputydog » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Depends where you importing from

Air freight from say China is 3-5 days .
Where sea Freight could be anything up to 60 days but also depends on the qty you buying.

If you only buying a few hundered items - air frieght

A few thousand items - sea freight

Postby SinfulWicked » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Thats great i was thinking air freight anyways. I am going to be importing from China xx I would press the thank you button but cant find it

Return to International/Importing