Register

Currencies on Zen Cart

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

King Member

Currencies on Zen Cart

Postby Wayzgoose » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I have a feeling I may have asked this a year or so ago so apologies if I did!!

If you add additional currencies are they for customer information and they will actually be charged in GBP or does the payment go all the way through in say dollars? Or is there a choice at all?

I assume if the charge is in the currency they choose, the currencies would need to be enabled in Paypal and my payment gateway for credit cards?

Alan.

King Member

Postby paulc010 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I think you'll find that it depends on the payment module you're using. Some allow you to force a conversion at the cart side, and others just pass it through in the customer currency selected and I guess "hope for the best".

With Paypal you do need to enable automatic conversion "to a currency you hold" in your PayPal account preferences - if you want it to operate that way, otherwise the payment is marked pending and you have to explicity approve it.

Paul
"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 pm

I didn't know there were different payment modules. It would be nice to have one which just showed conversions for information only and only took payments in GBP. I shall go on a search. Thanks Paul.

Alan.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Checked out what needed doing in Paypal and that was extremely easy. Then moved onto to SagePay and Streamline and it appears you have to have a new internet account for each currency you want to accept. With the extra charges it's just not worth it for me.

I decided to have a mess with the standard currencies already in Zen Cart and found they work just in the way I wanted them to anyway. If you enable the extra currencies they act as a conversion only and once you reach the point of paying in either Paypal or Sage pay the total reverts back to GBP.

So now all I need to do is add a line of text in the Currencies box underneath the drop down to let the customer know that the conversions are for info only. Could someone tell me which file I need to edit and what line of code I need to enter?

Thank you.

Alan.

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

faze3 wrote:So now all I need to do is add a line of text in the Currencies box underneath the drop down to let the customer know that the conversions are for info only.

Hi Alan,

There is a module available that auto updates your currency conversions, so your cross currency prices displayed to your buyers should be a closer reflection of what they actually pay in GBP at checkout.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=430

Saves having to remember to click the currency update button in ZC Admin too.

Return to Other Carts