Register

Formula 1 2010 Season Discussion

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Most exciting thing this season?

Hamilton vs Button in the same car
13%
Return of Schumacher
50%
Alonso at Ferrari
No votes
New teams
25%
Other...
13%

Total votes : 8
Just Starting Out

Formula 1 2010 Season Discussion

Postby h_viper » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 pm

New season starting late march, not long now. Very interesting season ahead with the British Hamilton and Button both at Mclaren. Alonso finally all Ferrari and the return on Schumacher!
Anyone gonna stick their neck out and state who they think will win the championship before it even starts! :laugh:
Teams have already started winter testing but hard to say who is fastest without the car weights being released.
Cant wait for this season and I know ill be rooting for Hamilton!

Postby seamus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm

it should be a good season,

although I think Button has made a mistake going to Mclaren, I dont think he's that good a driver, he only won the championship by having a bloody good car, now he'll be in the same car as Hamilton has, this will show if he really is any good or not, he cant blame the car for poor finishes if Hamilton does well, I think he'll struggle to keep up.

I wouldnt like to put a bet on for the winner till I'v seen the first couple of races, but Im expecting Alonso to be up there, if Ferrari have a decent car, he'll be in with a good shout,

at a total guess, the top three might be,

Alonso
Hamilton
schumaker

but again, I dont know, need to see how things go with the new fueling rules and stuff, see who can drive a heavy car without out braking themselves

Postby fivewood » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Personally think Alonso will be the one to beat this year, with Schuey grabbing a couple of wins to show he can still do it.

Jenson and Lewis - making up the numbers this year I believe
Please feel free to ignore anything and everything I say ;)

Postby seamus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Jenson and Lewis - making up the numbers this year I believe

Jenson, I'd agree with that, Lewis hmm Im not to sure, he had a pretty strong second half of last season even with a bit of a poor car, I think he might do well, depends on how good the Mclaren is, if they start off with another crap car, then aye, both will be nowhere

Just Starting Out

Postby h_viper » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 am

According to the winter testing results a lot of people seem to think that Mclaren and Ferrari have very competitive cars. I really hope this is true so we can see Lewis and Alonso battle it out again. Red bull also seem to look strong too with Vettel taking P1 for todays testing with Hamilton following in 2nd.

Postby seamus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 am

h_viper wrote:Red bull also seem to look strong too with Vettel taking P1 for todays testing

aahhh theres a driver to watch, Vettel.
I wonder how much trouble he'll cause the top runners, excellent driver so he is.
I still cant see him taking the title this year though, good to watch him try all the same.

Mayor

Postby JhnStcks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 am

I think it will be Felipe Massa with Alonso and Hamilton in tow.

Jenson only won last year because all the other cars weren't up to scratch first half of the season.

Postby badgespa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 am

I think the first 3 races of this year will be crucial. With the new teams coming in, and old hands still there.

Who's going to win? Now theres a tough question.

Schuey is going to be pushing to show he is still up to scratch, but will that neck injury come back to haunt him?

Rubens B (can't spell last name), oldest and most experienced on grid, this may be his alst season, so no doubt he will be pushing really hard.

Hamilton, still waiting for the return of the overtaking risks he took in his first season. Seems to have mellowed alot, but he needs to push Button hard.

Button, can he do back to back? After spending so many years not really doing alot, then appearing last year as WC, he'll need a really good car and lots of luck.

But the ones to watch will be Vettel and Webber. Think these guys are going places this year, if they can build on last years success.

Also watch the new teams. McLaren under the command of Ross Brawn, and the new Virgin Racing team.

Personally I can't wait for the new season for all the racing to start, especially BTCC. I live not far form Silverstone, and a very very good friend is a motorsport Journalist, who gets us tickets to most events. Its even better when you go round with someone who knows all the drivers and teams, and can get you into places where the public aren't allowed.
Dropship Official Licensed Music Film and TV Merchandise. Retro Tv, Hollywood Blockbusters, The Biggest Bands all at: www.dropship.badgespatches.com

Postby fivewood » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 am

badgespa wrote:Also watch the new teams. McLaren under the command of Ross Brawn,

Umm, isnt Ross Brawn in charge of the Mercedes team, not Mclaren?

Postby mrblue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

I'm messing my pants in excitement this year!

And I think it will be way to close to call this season. Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes are looking very close pace wise. Plus you have the new refuelling rules and the danger of new teams and extra cars on the track.

It's gonna be tense and close to the end I think. Maybe a 3/4 way race for the title???

Planning on going to Spa this year (via the nordschleife). Anyone else planning on going to any races?
Last edited by mrblue on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby badgespa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am

fivewood wrote:
badgespa wrote:Also watch the new teams. McLaren under the command of Ross Brawn,

Umm, isnt Ross Brawn in charge of the Mercedes team, not Mclaren?

Thats it. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet!
Dropship Official Licensed Music Film and TV Merchandise. Retro Tv, Hollywood Blockbusters, The Biggest Bands all at: www.dropship.badgespatches.com

Postby seamus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 pm

mrblue wrote:Anyone else planning on going to any races?

I'd love to get my self to a race, aint bleedin cheap though lol
been to plenty other race weekends, not managed F1 yet

Postby fivewood » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm

All being well will be going to Silverstone again this year (if the corporate hospitality kicks in :lol: )

And would love to go back to Spa, Monza and Hockenheim
But main target for this year is Abu Dhabi.....

Postby mrblue » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

fivewood wrote:All being well will be going to Silverstone again this year (if the corporate hospitality kicks in :lol: )

And would love to go back to Spa, Monza and Hockenheim
But main target for this year is Abu Dhabi.....

Nice, I know a guy how helps with security at Silverstone so always go via him and earn a few £ at the same time :D

If you have room in the hospitality suite though... ;)

Just Starting Out

Postby h_viper » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Todays testing times

1. R. Barrichello Williams FW32 1:27.145 97 laps
2. V. Petrov Renault R30 1:27.828 +0.683 56 laps
3. S. Vettel Red Bull Racing RB6 1:28.162 +1.017 70 laps
4. N. Rosberg Mercedes GP W01 1:28.515 +1.370 70 laps
5. F. Massa Ferrari F10 1:28.879 +1.734 91 laps
6. P. de la Rosa Sauber C29 1:29.691 +2.546 8 laps
7. P. di Resta Force India VJM-03 1:30.344 +3.199 33 laps
8. T. Glock Virgin Racing VR-01 1:30.476 +3.331 72 laps
9. V. Liuzzi Force India VJM-03 1:30.666 +3.521 23 laps
10. L. Hamilton McLaren MP4-25 1:30.979 +3.834 55 laps
11. S. Buemi Toro Rosso STR5 1:32.678 +5.533 56 laps
12. H. Kovalainen Lotus F1 T127 1:33.554 +6.409 30 laps

Interesting times but they don't really mean much. The rain at Jerez seems to be affecting them all quite bad as they can't do their usual stuff.

King Member

Postby scotserve » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Too many wheels :P

Postby pure-wicked » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Sorry to go a little bit off topic but whats the current situation with curves for the 2010 season ?

I heard that none of the cars will be running curves for the next year and think that this will be a real benefit to the sport in ways but in other ways, i personally felt that when Micheal Schumaker was about to retire, watching him win every race apart from when the pits went wrong ruined the season for me.

Its nice to see that there is still a lot of support for F1 as its had a lot of bad press in the last few years, i can't see Jenson doing the double, but i think it will depend how they settle into their new teams

Regards Dave

Postby seamus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 pm

pure-wicked wrote:I heard that none of the cars will be running curves for the next year and think that this will be a real benefit to the sport in ways

you mean kers (kinetic energy recovery system)

I was never really a fan of kers, it was meant to create more overtaking, but it didnt really do that, there wasnt any advantage to be honest, seeing as the championship winners wernt using it, niether were redbull, in the end it was only Mclaren and Ferrari that kept the kers system,

better off without it

-# Moderator

Postby jamhun » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:01 am

Don't think anyone will be using K.E.R.S. this year.

James

Postby pure-wicked » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm

seamus wrote:
you mean kers (kinetic energy recovery system)

Yes, thats the one :shock: :D , i must say i agree with you for the same reasons its just i hadn't heard and news from the teams for the coming years.

Hope it has gone and it all comes down to car set up and driving then as any motor race should be.

Regards Dave

Return to Off Topic Chat