Register

Which is better...?

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Which is better Football or Rugby?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Rugby
50%
Football
50%

Total votes : 10

Postby seamus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 pm

noobiedropper wrote:Which is better...?
Football....
or
Rugby...

is there not an option for "neither" ?? lol
cant beat a bit of motorsport oohhh WRC kicks of at the end of the week :D

Postby noobiedropper » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

ye i like motor sport but i ent passionate for it like i am for rugby :p

Postby firewall » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 pm

rugby is definitely the best ...We ain't world champs for nothing

Postby badgespa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 am

gordym75 wrote:That's weird, badgespa's message quotes me as having said something that noobiedropper said. I've seen that happen before on here but no idea why.

Well i've got you in the quotes this time!

It quite easy to get the wrong name on it, and I didn't realise until you said. So I will now try and explain how it happened........

Post above, Seamus quotes noobiedropper, if I highlight 'Rugby....' then click on the quote selected button, look what happens:

seamus wrote:Rugby...

Just gone totally of topic, and I do apologise, but now you know.
Dropship Official Licensed Music Film and TV Merchandise. Retro Tv, Hollywood Blockbusters, The Biggest Bands all at: www.dropship.badgespatches.com

-# Moderator

Postby jamhun » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 am

firewall wrote:rugby is definitely the best ...We ain't world champs for nothing

And there's me thinking it was South Africa, just goes to show that I know nothing ;)

James :p

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

I thought Firewall was from South Africa?

Talking of Rugby and South Africa, I'm sure most of you have seen the trailers to Invictus ... is it just me or do the actors sound like Austrailian x USA?
Last edited by Baa on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Postby mrblue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:53 am

I've played rugby since I was about 10 and also played football for my schools.

Rugby is a far better game imo. Not for its supporters or scandal. But for both the physical and mental skill required to play a competitive level.

Having said that, given the choice to watch either game I wouldn't be too fussed. But given the choice to play. It's rugby all the way. Hence why I train twice a week and play every weekend. No better feeling than smashing someone in the ribs :D

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 pm

badgespa wrote:Just gone totally of topic, and I do apologise, but now you know.

Thanks badgespa. Got it now.

Baa wrote:Talking of Rugby and South Africa, I'm sure most of you have seen the trailers to Invictus ... is it just me or do the actors sound like Austrailian x USA?

I'm going to see it soon so will look out (or should that be listen out?) for the dodgy accents Baa.

mrblue wrote:No better feeling than smashing someone in the ribs

I was a goalkeeper at under 18 and under 21 level and I used to be able to smash strikers in the ribs and get away with it. Us 'keepers are a protected species you know :D

Ball comes over the top at height, striker runs in, I run out, knee up, catch ball, flatten striker. Brilliant.

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:20 pm

gordym75 wrote:I'm going to see it soon so will look out (or should that be listen out?) for the dodgy accents Baa.

I hope that doesn't spoil the film for your Gordy!

It's one of my pet hates, I think it was The Jackal I saw on TV last year and it was entirely spoiled by Richard Gere playing the oddest sounding ex-IRA man ever, I don't think he;d even heard anyone from Northern Ireland speak let alone have a bash at getting the accent right :D
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Baa wrote:
gordym75 wrote:I'm going to see it soon so will look out (or should that be listen out?) for the dodgy accents Baa.

I hope that doesn't spoil the film for your Gordy!

It's one of my pet hates, I think it was The Jackal I saw on TV last year and it was entirely spoiled by Richard Gere playing the oddest sounding ex-IRA man ever, I don't think he;d even heard anyone from Northern Ireland speak let alone have a bash at getting the accent right :D

I'm sure it won't. Worst accent I heard in a movie, aside from Mel Gibson's William Wallace, was Tommy Lee Jones doing an Irish accent in Blown Away. Truly awful for such a talented actor. One of the best was Leonardo Di Caprio's Zimbabwean accent in Blood Diamond.

We're way off topic now!

Postby firewall » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 am

lol baa is right I'm from south africa & rugby is a way of life for us so much so as here for soccer but as said before both sides get on even braai (bbq) together after the event and just have a great time .I'm from Durban and have I had some great after parties there

-# Moderator

Postby jamhun » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 am

firewall wrote:lol baa is right I'm from south africa & rugby is a way of life for us so much so as here for soccer but as said before both sides get on even braai (bbq) together after the event and just have a great time .I'm from Durban and have I had some great after parties there

Sorry about my earlier post, I didn’t know you were from South Africa.
Please accept my apologies
:blush: :blush: :blush: :suicide:

James

Postby noobiedropper » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:28 pm

ye south africa are champs atm lol, but england will come back.... eventually... probably soonish lol

and anyway rugby is awesome not just for flattening someone but for the speed of the game and the variety of what can happen there are much more options of what to do in a rugby match then there are in a football match

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

noobiedropper wrote:there are much more options of what to do in a rugby match then there are in a football match

Except for passing the ball forward though eh? ;)

Postby noobiedropper » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

ye lol... thats true but that means its more interesting. in football you could score without the players moving very far as they can pass it forward.
In rugby if one player in the line doesn't move forward (except the fullback and possibly the wingers depending on which attacking strategy you play) then the chances of an intereception are high and the chances of you gaining much ground are slim

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 pm

noobiedropper wrote:in football you could score without the players moving very far as they can pass it forward

It's called making the ball do the work and takes a huge amount of skill and tactical awareness. If the players don't move the opposition just mark them out the game. Its all about creating space either for your team mates or for yourself by forcing defenders to follow you into areas of the pitch where they are vunerable. Watch Wayne Rooney next tme Man United are on TV. He is a master at dragging a centre half out of his comfort zone then exploiting the space he leaves. Almost genius like the way he does it.

noobiedropper wrote:In rugby if one player in the line doesn't move forward (except the fullback and possibly the wingers depending on which attacking strategy you play) then the chances of an intereception are high and the chances of you gaining much ground are slim

You'd be forgiven for not thinking this but I do actually enjoy some rugby matches however mostly they appear more like a war of attrition with only very few players having the skill or know how to produce something a bit different.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Chat