Register

Chelsea banned from making transfers until Jan 2011

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Postby pure-wicked » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Ouch, thats gotta hurt them, don't feel they will do that well this year anyway to be honest

Still think its Man u, Arsenal or Man City for the top 3 so long as Man City play like a team not £102m worth of players all in it for themselves

Postby mad_bargains » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't think man city will get into the top 4 to be honest.
I think it's gonna be:
1. man utd
2. chelsea.
3. liverpool
4. arsenal

The usual really :laugh:
Xbox Live 1 Month - Just $7 each!

PM me for cheap ipod and iphone accessories

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Thats a sore one for them to take. I still think they'll win it though, unless Man U strengthen in January.

Supreme Member

Postby iwebshop » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Sounds a bit harsh to me, but i guess fining them wouldnt do any good.

Phillip

I Live Here

Postby batespcm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:32 pm

that is exactly the problem these days Philip these clbs can steal the next zidane and get fined £500k well whooppie doo I wish villa would sign zidane for 500k

I think if they have done that, then its a good punishment as is the eduardo 1 to rid our game of certain things

United could be in trouble though if this chelsea ban sticks as there were some major compaints regarding a french lad recently

Supreme Member

Postby iwebshop » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:12 pm

batespcm wrote:that is exactly the problem these days Philip these clbs can steal the next zidane and get fined £500k well whooppie doo I wish villa would sign zidane for 500k

I think if they have done that, then its a good punishment as is the eduardo 1 to rid our game of certain things

United could be in trouble though if this chelsea ban sticks as there were some major compaints regarding a french lad recently

Think ill just stick to supporting Carlisle United hehe.

Phillip

Lightweight

Postby zenna » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 pm

i think it is actually a fair punishment. it is a welcome way to protect clubs that raise talents and invest in them from sharks that come and get them for peanuts. it is bad enough when footballers force a transfer a year after signing a long contract but it is even worse when they are allowed to leave for a laughable fee decided by a tribunal.

Chealse may suffer a lot from this. they have a bit of an aging squad...

Just Starting Out

Postby dragev » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

I think this will be good for Chelsea, get some stability in the team.
Im pretty sure they will win this season, i wish Man Utd would win but i cant see them doing that unless they spend some money in january, Ribery! Scholes and O`shea aint good enough.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:37 pm

dragev wrote:Scholes and O`shea aint good enough.

What are you talking about? Scholesy is a living legend. Not as quick as he used to be, granted, but his football brain is still the best in the business.

O'shea, Nani, Anderson are not, and never were good enough to wear the Red Shirt. I do agree though, that it will be close between Man U, and Chelsea, and that is only because you cannot sell Ronaldo and Tevez and not replace them. If we still had those players, or replaced them with anywhere near the same quality, we would easily be at least 5 points better off, and a better goal difference.

Rooney cannot do it all by himself, which is what we are asking him to do. And as for Ferdinand, he looks shot, at the moment; although many, myself included have never truly rated him. Lazy, and not quick enough in speed, or train of thought.

Return to Off Topic Chat