Register

frustrating

Anything relating to dropshipping can be posted in here.

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

frustrating

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 pm

hi, everyone. I'm back asking questions again.

I'm trying to do some research into lingerie dropshippers but getting abit annoyed been on a couple of sites and have encountered the same problem. Both flirtysensations and simplygorgeouswholesale (i think??) say that I have to create an account with them before I can see prices, i done as asked and created the account but cannot see the prices. am i missing something? plus the sites are pretty much identical.

Could anybody shed some light on the situation please.

Cheers Paul

P.S searched on here but couldn't find much information about either of them
Last edited by pauly87 on Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Member

Postby scotserve » Tue May 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Have you contacted them after creating the account to request access to the prices ??

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm

yes i sent a query to them just waiting for a reply.
Is it usual for dropshippers to do that?

King Member

Postby scotserve » Tue May 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I would say so - protects their sellers by not giving out the trade prices willy nilly

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 pm

thanks for clearing that up. something else crossed of the list of things i didn't know. lol

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm

I had absolutely no problems seeing the prices after creating an account.

I was going to suggest you email them, but see you already have done.

I'm not sure if you have to get authorisation first or not, can't remember but as I have dealt with Karen previously mine went through more or less straightaway.

I like hidden prices :lol:
Last edited by laggardlady on Tue May 26, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:03 pm

still waiting for a reply.

laggardlady i take it you sell lingerie, can i ask do you have many returns to deal with? because i know it can be awkward trying to get the right size. if you don't want to answer i understand.

Cheers Paul

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm

got my reply and my account has now been approved. really good service

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue May 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Not too many returns I don't find although they all seem to come together. I can go for months and months with nothing and then suddenly 2 or 3 together will be returned.

Postby karen1985 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Paul, just to update on this, your account was approved about an hour ago. (about 2 hours after email sent) We had not approved the account because a business name was not given upon signing up to the website, as we explained in our email, but once these were recieved the account was approved.
We manually approve all accounts with our service to protect our resellers, we supply retailers of all shapes and sizes and welcome newcomers aswell as established businesses, we lose count of how many members of the general public looking for a cheap deal sign up to our site on a daily basis that don't intend to buy wholesale, and usually won't even bother buying a dropship account either. Our buyers, as I am sure you can now understand since it has been explained to you now, don't want their buyers (the general public) seeing wholesale prices (ie. what they actually pay for the items).
We also have to protect our designer brands with details of the business, to ensure they are marketed in the correct place etc. For example, our 2Belles range can not be sold on ebay, if you were an ebay seller we would need to know this so we can ensure this rule is met. A couple of our highest end ranges can't be sold alongside adult toys etc.
I hope this helps in the future, as you will probably find most wholesalers/dropshippers take these precautions.
Good Luck with your business and I hope you are happy with our service so far.
Regards

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:21 pm

hi karen, i'm really happy with the service provided and i understand why it is done that way.
Its all a big learning curve an i don't want to offend anybody if i ask silly questions.

Thanks again and let more research commence

Postby karen1985 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:29 pm

We all start somewhere Paul, and I am sure whatever questions you ask, others will have thought it themselves at some point aswell! It's all a big learning curve when you first start out, and you will continue learning more and more as you go on aswell. You are in a great place for learning that's for sure, get your head down and have a dig through some of the business & marketing advice here aswell. You've done the first hard part and decided the product ranges, now you need to look at the how, where and why. Regards

Return to General Dropshipping Chat