Register

dpbuk lingerie

Post your dealings with dropshippers here. You can also request information on dropshippers or where to get particular products for dropship supply.

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

dpbuk lingerie

Postby pauly87 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:12 pm

hi, I am a newbie to both this site and dropshipping.

I was just wondering if anybody has had experience of using dpbuk and in particular their lingerie sections.
Was thinking about purchasing their business start up pack, looks really good (almost too good).
Are there any other lingerie dropshippers that people have used?

Any comments or feedback would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Paul

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Mon May 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Have you tried a search for lingerie using our search facility?
http://dropshipforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7766

Lightweight

Postby pauly87 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:26 pm

i've used the search facility and i found out a few facts but most were before dbpuk were taken over. Jus wondered if anyone has had any success with them since they've been under new management.

Also looked for threads on other companies i have looked at but only found small bits of info.

I don't want people to think i'm jus trying to find the one that will make the "quick buck" i'm jus tryin to get as much research in as i can.

this is a big decision for me so i want to be clear of things in my own mind.
the comapnies i have looked at are:
dpbuk
UKdropshipgroup
flirty sensations

any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Paul

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 pm

I know quite a lot have recently purchased sites from dpbuk/ukdropshipgroup but whether they are making sales and can give you an idea of what the service is like I don't know. I do know that people who use dpbuk/ukdropshipgroup for other items appear to be happy with the service and despatch of goods so you're likely to get the same with the lingerie.

Flirtysensations have a great range of items, I haven't used them yet but intending to do so once I get another site sorted.

There's also Trace at thelingeriewholesaler.com who offers lingerie and clubwear items. It's also possible to get a site fully loaded with those products which again are different from the ones you named.

I think it depends on what type of lingerie you want to sell. Whether you want the more expensive stuff, middle range or cheaper items and whether you want to sell just the sexy stuff or want some normal everyday wear underwear as well. Choosing the items first will make the decision who to go with easier.

Personally I would have no qualms about using any of those companies.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 am

My experience of the old company dpbuk was brilliant. They were patient with me as I was learning and took my queries and software challenges on board. I felt they cared what happened. I got the email assuring me of continued and excellent service. However, when my EBay module and Paypal facility failed - the latter was properly set up, and had worked in the past- they have refused to do anything and even emailed me to inform me they were not going to communicate with me again unless I could be polite!

All I did was list the problem and ask them to change the priority from LOW to URGENT as I had to disappoint customers.

Now I need to find someone else preferably not related to dpbuk in any way. :evil:

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:46 am

chava2uk wrote:My experience of the old company dpbuk was brilliant.

Yes, and we receive emails daily saying how the service has improved considerably.

chava2uk wrote:they have refused to do anything and even emailed me to inform me they were not going to communicate with me again unless I could be polite!

Absolutely right, speak to us how you expect to be spoken to.

chava2uk wrote:Now I need to find someone else preferably not related to dpbuk in any way. :evil:

Your choice, although I doubt other companies would also accept being spoken to in an impolite, and demanding manner.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 pm

If I applied your advice I would have been sarcastic to you. That is how your emails came across. All I did was explain the problem in detail and say thanks when you said you were working with EBay to solve the problem. If you take offence at that I am surprised you have any customers!

The company I do most of my online business with appreciate a detailed account of a problem. Something I would have thought you needed if you had any hope of solving it.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm

chava2uk wrote:All I did was explain the problem in detail and say thanks when you said you were working with EBay to solve the problem.

That is not the case. We would not have asked you to be polite, for no reason.

Like I say, we expect customers to speak to us, how they expect to be spoken to. We feel that is not too much to ask.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 pm

The way you accuse me in public on this forum with no grounds shows that you do not behave in a professional manner. I would like to speak to you, but 2 hours in a queue on the phone at mobile phone rates makes that impossible. The correspondence speaks for itself. My complaint about your company is legitimate and you refused to take it seriously. People looking for a reliable dropshipping business deserve to know. What will they think when they see your tactics and how you treat customers in public who are not getting what they pay for?

I do not wish to engage in this infantile exchange any more. You have shown your true colours on the forum, now. Let would be customers decide if they are willing to take the risk.

The simplest thing all round would be to terminate my account. Please do as I asked the first time I contacted you, tell me how to do that.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 pm

chava2uk wrote:The way you accuse me in public on this forum with no grounds shows that you do not behave in a professional manner.

Really,

And this is behaving in a professional manner, crying on a public forum:
chava2uk wrote:Now I need to find someone else preferably not related to dpbuk in any way. :evil:

When you openly admit being impolite?
chava2uk wrote:The correspondence speaks for itself.

Yes, it does, you believe you can be abusive in emails and expect a reply? No, you will not. Simple.
chava2uk wrote:People looking for a reliable dropshipping business deserve to know

Yes, and they do know, and the difference between you and most people, is that most are polite, and professional in their communications with us.
chava2uk wrote:What will they think when they see your tactics and how you treat customers in public who are not getting what they pay for?

Tactics? They will see that we have refused to communicate with an abusive customer, until they decided to be polite.
chava2uk wrote:I do not wish to engage in this infantile exchange any more.

Neither do we, because you until you email in a polite manner, you will not be replied to.
chava2uk wrote:You have shown your true colours on the forum, now

Yes we have, that we are a company that gets thing done, when customers treat us how they expect to be treated.
chava2uk wrote:Let would be customers decide if they are willing to take the risk.

Ten's of thousands already have, and are very satisfied, probably because they acted in a professional and polite manner towards us, and they gained the best of our knowledge in return.
chava2uk wrote:The simplest thing all round would be to terminate my account. Please do as I asked the first time I contacted you, tell me how to do that.

We will do as you ask, if you ask in a polite manner. The termination procedure is contained in the terms and conditions that you signed up to, which is also in the same area where the member conduct policy is, which you also seem to have missed, hence your demanding and impolite emails.

Thank you.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:37 pm

chava2uk wrote:The simplest thing all round would be to terminate my account. Please do as I asked the first time I contacted you, tell me how to do that.

Your wish has been granted.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:10 am

Happy to oblige.

You may also want to consider the fact, that for the last 3 months, since the website takeover, we have been hosting your website for free; and the software you purchased, you know the one from the company you said you never had any problems with, well they set this up for you, and they took the payment from you.

In conclusion, we have not, as a company, charged you a single penny for the last 3 months, but we have been hosting your website for you, as we have many others, and all we got from you in return were demanding emails, even though, if we had not stepped in to save the company, you would never have even had your website for the last 3 months.

We wish you best of luck, <name removed at request of chava2uk>.
Last edited by DVDdropship on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:54 am

The Data Protection Act prohibits you from using my name in this way. Prospective customers will see how you handle their data and that would be bad for business. Perhaps you should reconsider.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 am

chava2uk wrote:The Data Protection Act prohibits you from using my name in this way. Prospective customers will see how you handle their data and that would be bad for business. Perhaps you should reconsider.

The terms and conditions of the contract you entered into forbids you from using company information, including discussing company-client sensitive emails on a public forum.

What prospective customers will see, is a customer, who although given free service, still demanded, until the point of termination on request. Which was granted.

Perhaps you should reconsider.

Just Starting Out

Postby chava2uk » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 am

There is nothing to recinsider. I answered a question honestly and truthfully. I have been advised my first post was appropriate.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 am

There is nothing to recinsider. I answered a question honestly and truthfully. I have been advised my first post was appropriate.

Your first post is not appropriate, because it contains details, including but not limited to, company sensitive, and confidential communications, that by agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contract you entered into, does not permit you to disclose such information in any public arena, including forums.

Just Starting Out

You use a lot of time on this forum

Postby tornie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi DVDdropship

I see that you use a lot of time on this forum, and I also think that you are argue a lot if some one on this forum is not writing in your company's way. I am also sure that you will to this post. I think you can be a littel more humble (people like that) for what other people mean, withou more or less, alwas argue agains them. Sorry to say it but when I sometimes are on this forum, and see that you are here a lot to tell how good you are, and seldom are pardonable. Beeing here so often, must in some way reduce your companies service
Most of the people are here to learn, and hope to get some advice, and you are very good there, and that is for all of us, very helping. Keep on with that. But try to be more polite and humble, and I am sure you will be more respected for it, and also will have more customers/clients.
As you know, I have bought one of your product. I am new to this dropshipping, as many of us are, but I have been in the business "games" for many years.
I will continue to write here about my experience, so hopefully both part can comment and learn.
PS To all: Be positive and humble! :)
Have a nice day, and take care

Tor

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Tor,

This is a business forum, not a social arena, and if postings are not factual, then they will be defended. It is that simple.

We are polite if people are polite back.

Best of luck.

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:46 pm

As I have said before; when I 1st started reading steven's posts I found his style rude and he came accross arigant and taking no ones feelings into consideration.

Hower I know see his posts in a different light - someone that is willing to defend his company and his staff which is hopefully what any of us would do.

Asking people to treat him (and his staff) how they themselves wish to be treated should not be neccersery though sometimes it's sadly the case. And after years in a customer service background I know people struggle to hold onto thier self control and keep thier frustration under control. But If someone spoke down to me and called me names (not saying this is what is happening) but I would warn them and then refuse to partake in any further insults or support.

So It would always be better to keep tit-for-tat off the forum and behind closed doors as I don't think airing these things in public helps anybody.

Right I am now going to shut up and ship out ;)
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions and not my opinions as a moderator:

Steven you want people to consider that for the last 3 months since you took over dpbuk solutions that you are hosting their sites and doing any work for free.

In my opinion if you are doing it for free, that was your choice when you took over the company. The customers you have might not have paid you directly, but they did pay for their sites and services and you agreed to take over from the previous company so I don't see where your argument comes from.

DVDdropship wrote:The terms and conditions of the contract you entered into forbids you from using company information, including discussing company-client sensitive emails on a public forum.

What prospective customers will see, is a customer, who although given free service, still demanded, until the point of termination on request. Which was granted.

I don't see anywhere that chava2uk has copied and pasted or made any direct quotes from any emails from you.

Her postings have been polite. Now if she had come on ranting and raving I could have maybe believed that her communication with you was so rude and impolite you refused to deal with her, but as I said her postings on here have been polite and she has stated her views without resorting to name calling and threats.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:03 pm

So It would always be better to keep tit-for-tat off the forum and behind closed doors as I don't think airing these things in public helps anybody.

Thanks Shane.

The problem is though, that it is never us that starts tit-for-tat, but customers, as you realise. And yes, if we feel that a statement is not correct, we have a legal right to defend it, moderators or not.

laggardlady wrote:I don't see anywhere that chava2uk has copied and pasted or made any direct quotes from any emails from you.

chava2uk wrote:they have refused to do anything and even emailed me to inform me they were not going to communicate with me again unless I could be polite!

Am I missing something obvious LL?

Another thing, you have not seen the communications between us and the mentioned customer. You have no proof that she has had the problems she say's she has?

You cannot moderate a forum based on what you perceive somebody to be, polite or not, on a forum, without knowing the facts. Surely you can see that? Or again, am I missing something?

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:41 pm

@DVDdropship

What I see here is a situation getting out of hand because a customer said something that you disagreed with and you chose to escalate it on a public forum instead of communicating with your customer privately and away from the forum.

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Steven. how else can a forum be moderated but by perceiving how someone is by the way they communicate on the forum.

The following are my personal views and nothing to do with being moderator on the forum.

As always there are two sides to the story. You want everyone to come on saying how brilliant your companies are and that your customer services is excellent and do not like negative comments of any kind.

In my personal opinion you then proceed to be your own worst enemy with your bullying and derision of the person who has posted.

We of course know what you think of people who use forums http://www.ukdropshop.com/dropship-foru ... esale.html
which is surprising considering the amount of time you spend on such forums yourself.

If I was the owner of a forum and you were a member I would have banned you long ago for your outright bullying of people who have the audacity, in your opion to give their views on the services you provide

DVDdropship wrote:chava2uk wrote:
they have refused to do anything and even emailed me to inform me they were not going to communicate with me again unless I could be polite!

Am I missing something obvious LL?

To me you are, this does not appear to be a direct quote from your emails it is merely a description of the substance of an email.

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:58 pm

eemarket wrote:@DVDdropship

What I see here is a situation getting out of hand because a customer said something that you disagreed with and you chose to escalate it on a public forum instead of communicating with your customer privately and away from the forum.

@eemarket.

What I see, is a customer who has broken the terms and conditions to which they entered into, onto a public forum.

It has nothing to do with 'agreeing' it is about facts, and responsibility to what was agreed to.

Obviously, we DID communicate with the customer away from the forum, hence the customers disagreement, and subsequent transfer of communication onto this forum.

The customer started the comments, did she not? The customer stated a direct quotation from a confidential email, did she not?

Therefore, who escalated this onto a public forum? It was not that she ws not receiving replies, was it? No, it was that she did not agree with the replies, which then lead to the unusual decision to migrate the reply and dissagreement onto a public forum?

I think you will find that is true.

I think you will also find that this customer was chatting with PCBOB in the chatroom last night, discussing the situation, and via private messages, and asking PCBOB to remove some of the content - which is not a problem. BUT, when I asked PCBOB, DJBENZ, YOURSELF, AND BATES to remove a direct quotation from one of our confidential emails, this was denied. Even though you have been proved to, that it was against the terms and conditions that the customer signed up to.

So yes, we do have a situation here. And I would also advise you withhold your replies, until Karl has read our communication to him.

Next

Return to Dropship Suppliers