Register

Formula 1

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Forum Advertiser

Formula 1

Postby EntertainmentCorner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Anyone a fan? Who do you think will win this year?
Deal Munky- Start Selling on ebay!
www.dealmunky.com/joindealmunky

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:38 pm

There are a few interested, as for who will win, if I new that I'd get rich :D

http://dropshipforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12333

Just Starting Out

f1

Postby maf8765ste » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:06 pm

F1 is boring these days.Miss the days when the engine failures with white smoke etc.

Just Starting Out

Postby damianufc » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 am

Michael Schumacher is back! Replacing Massa until he has fully recovered apparently. Very interesting news...

Postby seamus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

if Massa fully recovers, seeing as there is potential lasting damage to his left eye,
fingers crossed he does make a full recovery

as for shumacher coming back, Im not that fussed to be honest,
I was bored of the guy when he was winning championship after championship, now he's back in a car that will struggle to get near the front row, might make things interesting, but he's only there as a stop gap, so its not really the big news every one is making out,
I'd rather see Massa back to full health as soon as possible, and regain his drive.

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 am

I'm a great Schummi fan, can't wait to see him back in action as this has been the most boring F1 season I can remember, and I have been a fan since the 50's.

Ferrari finished second last week so improvements are obviously being made so who knows what can happen. Nikki Lauder made a successful, although shortlived, comeback a few years ago and he had been completely out of the sport. Schumacher has kept himself fit and competative by racing motorcycles and has remained an active Ferrari team member

I am a fan of Ross Brawn, he was the motivation and brains behid Ferrari's recent success and it's great to see him with his own team, although with no main sponsor it is by no means certain the team will continue for long.If they do I just pray he gets rid of that awful pretentious playboy Button and his obnoxious Dad.

Bill

Postby seamus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 pm

I'v only been watching F1 since the 80s lol so not quite as long :)
but Im finding my self disagreeing slightly,
I think this season has been quite good to watch, compared to some other seasons of past,

and calling Button a pretentious playboy is like calling the sea, slightly damp lol
being paid millions a season, doing what he loves as a job, I think any one in that situation would be liable to becoming a pretentious playboy lol
I know I would :)
but Im liking the racing, and Im quite liking the fact that webber is now showing form, thats good to watch,
schumaker, aye, talented driver, but not interesting to watch in my opinion,
in saying that, his first race back will be good to see, but this wont be a come back as such, I dont think,
it;ll be a few races till Ferrari can find another driver, or till Massa returns

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm

calling Button a pretentious playboy is like calling the sea, slightly damp

I like that :)

Agree about Mark Webber, I've been waiting for a while to see how he performs in a decent car and he is doing really well.

The rumour mill suggests that Alonso already has a contract at Ferrari for next year. I believe the plan was to ditch Raikonen and run Alonso alongside Massa. I hope Massa does return, he's a real nice guy but if he cannot then young Robert Kubica is available from the end of the season, although I think there could be a scramble to snap him up.

Still think Schummi has it in him to win a race before seasons ends.

Looking forward to next year. With Mosley gone maybe they'll stop changing the rules every 10 minutes.

Bill

Postby seamus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Alonso in a race winning car again, that will be a good season to see :)

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Listen to Jeremy Clarkson. He knows what he's talking about :D

Wonder if he'll change his tune if Schumacher waltzes in and starts winning all the time again.

Postby seamus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 pm

well. Schumaker isnt going to taking Massa's seat this season,

Michael Schumacher:
"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team
Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe.
I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to
my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the
pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if
medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.

The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures
in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe.
That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. This
are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks
and the final examination yesterday afternoon. As there were no improvements after
the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough
examination already yesterday.

I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for
all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything
that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the
whole team for the coming races."

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm

That's a pity. I was really looking forward to seeing him in action again.

I wonder what will happen now. Interesting possibility is that with Renault banned from the next race and rumours that they will join BMW and quit at the end of the season, maybe Ferrari will try and get him early.

Bill

Postby seamus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:26 pm

I didnt think of that,
it would be good to see Alonso in a Ferrari, seeing as the Ferrari's are actually starting to perform, it would make some good racing, so it would

Im thinking though, who is going to take Massa's seat for the rest of the season?
If they cant nab Alonso, who else is there? who's the Ferrari test driver just now?
Last edited by seamus on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 pm

I think Luca Badoer is still their number one test driver. He has had a couple of race outings to cover for injuries in the past but not a load of experience.

Bill
Last edited by bill7096 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Just Starting Out

Postby luket08 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:10 pm

i think it would of been great to see schumacher back but realistcally(how ever u spell it!!!) did anyone really belive he would come back? if he came back this season would of been the worst mistake of his career. f1 this year is a big mess and he wouldnt of done very well after beeing out so long but still would of been great seeing him race again....maybe next year :?:

Postby seamus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I thought it was Luca Badoer, but I wasnt sure,

luket08, I dont think Schumaker was ever looking to return to F1 as a career step,
even if he managed to get him self fit enough to take Massa's seat, there never would'v been a championship challenge, this season or next, I dont think that was the point, more a final flurish to give his fans somthing to watch, seeing as the opportunity was there

still it would'v been good to see though,
well, good luck Luca,

Just Starting Out

Postby Christow » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 am

i hope button wins!! he deserves it finally.....

Return to Off Topic Chat