Register

Premier League going global

Anything other than dropshipping to be discussed here.

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

Premier League going global

Postby LB10 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I don't think this has been discussed yet, so I thought I'd post it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 232378.stm

I am absoloutely against the possibility of this ridiculous idea. It is just another money influenced decision, by the big money ego premier league chiefs, who seek to exploit maximum exposure worldwide. :|

Mayor

Re: Premier League going global

Postby deputydog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:40 am

LB10 wrote:I don't think this has been discussed yet, so I thought I'd post it:

I am absoloutely against the possibility of this ridiculous idea. It is just another money influenced decision, by the big money ego premier league chiefs, who seek to exploit maximum exposure worldwide. :|

Nothing to discuss as Fifa wont allow it ,premier league clubs wont want it and apart from that its a stupid idea.

Why would other countries that are trying to promote their own leagues want our football matches played in their country ,just because the american football match was played at wembley the premier league bigwigs think :idea: lets copy .

Lightweight

Re: Premier League going global

Postby LB10 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:03 pm

deputydog wrote:
LB10 wrote:I don't think this has been discussed yet, so I thought I'd post it:

Nothing to discuss as Fifa wont allow it ,premier league clubs wont want it and apart from that its a stupid idea.

Why would other countries that are trying to promote their own leagues want our football matches played in their country ,just because the american football match was played at wembley the premier league bigwigs think :idea: lets copy .

You raise some very good points, but I disagree with one thing - "nothing to discuss". You clearly found something, so I guess there is ;)

Also, like you say the majority of people in general [and on this forum], will disagree with it, but there's inevitably going to be someone that possibly agrees with it. It's also nice to hear peoples takes on the whole aspect of this globilastion thing.
Last edited by LB10 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Life

Postby Comspec » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm

The cash it would generate could be massive, but it just isn't practical. The idea has been fired around to see what everyone's reaction is, and the majority seem not to want it.

To have an extra match threw in during January, with the fixture congestion the PL clubs already have would be madness.

Platini came out and rubbished the idea too - if he doesn't like it, then there will be little chance of it happening.

Lightweight

Postby lamai30 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:54 pm

also could you imagine Man utd. playing portsmouth in Japan, it would be worse than away game for the smaller side.

Just Starting Out

Postby kelboy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi
My take on the above, is if they want to promote in other countries they can do it all as pre - season friendlies.

Kev

Just Starting Out

Postby Earnshaw24 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Tis indeed all about the moneys.

Waste of time.

I Live Here

Postby batespcm » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:25 pm

well the premier kleague clubs have already agreed with it in response to whoever said they would not

but it just wont work to many holes

so one random 39th fixture with the top 4 not allowed to face each other thats just unfair suppose your ina relegation battle but you draw united while your rival draws a mid table season over side too many flaws and not a fair system

Mayor

Postby deputydog » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 am

batespcm wrote:well the premier kleague clubs have already agreed with it in response to whoever said they would not

but it just wont work to many holes

so one random 39th fixture with the top 4 not allowed to face each other thats just unfair suppose your ina relegation battle but you draw united while your rival draws a mid table season over side too many flaws and not a fair system

Still one little word that will stop this stupid idea " F.I.F.A " but if it did get the green light the only time matches would be viable is FA Cup weekends when a Premier league club has no fixture after getting knocked out but then what happens if a club does not get knocked out ,should offer points for a good FA cup run then might make clubs play there first team.

Also say if Bolton have to play in Japan or China and have to play against Man Utd.
Utd will have more fans in the stadium than they do at Old Trafford so its unfair as Bolton would have hardly any support

:cheers:

Return to Off Topic Chat