Register

install modules

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

install modules

Postby Sash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi ppl, im trying to install a module But for some reason i cant get it to install, ive read the instructions and made changes to the files it said, but the module doesnt appear anywhere not even an install button..

Ive installed it to where it should be, tried in other places incase it was wrong,, still nothing,,,any ideas??

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 pm

It's impossible to advise on the information you have provided, what cart are you using? What module is it? And is the modue up to date?
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

Postby Sash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 pm

EvoCart wrote:It's impossible to advise on the information you have provided, what cart are you using? What module is it? And is the modue up to date?

soz , zencart, ultimate cross sell for zencart, updated 29 june 2011

-# Moderator

Postby EvoCart » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:44 pm

I have found this thread that may or may not help http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthrea ... 953&page=6

But have you made sure that if there is a templete route that you have changed the name of it from basic to your template name?

Failing that you may get a better response from the ZenCart forums or by contacting the module developer.
EvoCart eCommerce Solutions - 14 day free trial!
~ Online Stores | Domain Names | Web Hosting ~

Postby Sash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Cheers, I pm'd the developer this morning,not heard yet,, Most likely a "Me not doing it right" did notice that when it said to edit the files specified they werent actually in the module BUT two sample files were there so i just saved as php files, Thought the originals shouldve been there as he tells you not/dont have to upload the two sample files...

Postby firewall » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm

best thing to do would be to check each and every file is in the right place AGAIN and the files for your template are right too
As I haven't seen the add-on does it not have an install file that needs to be install to finish off the installation

Postby Sash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I give up , i can never get the things to go on,,,I upload it into the zencart admin folder and nothing!! take it out of there and try public_html and nothing!!! Ive got no idea!!!

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Have you changed the word 'Admin' in the provided module to match the name of your admin folder?

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Sash I always add modules uploading each file individually to their folders. Although it takes a little longer I find it easier as I then know that they are going to where they should go. Have you tried checking from the folders to upload, opening each one and the corresponding one on your site to make sure they are all in the correct place.

What were the two files you needed to amend but didn't have in the upload, were they files which would overwrite ones on your site. If you download a fresh install of the version you are on you could take the correct files from there, amend them and then upload them in case the sample files weren't the correct ones.

Postby Sash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks guys and girls for your assistance, I truly hate modules, two days i tried putting that module on, read it word for word a million times tried uploading,No result,,,

Sent an email to Richard Redspell and it was sorted in minutes!!! Thanks Richard,,,

Amazing how ye spend hours struggling, and then it gets fixed quickly,,cheers Redspell,

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 pm

What would we do without the Redspells and Setters of this world. I'm sure they have twisted minds to be able to understand it all :-)

Return to Other Carts