Register

Uninstalling Paypal Website Payments Standard via cPanel?

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Uninstalling Paypal Website Payments Standard via cPanel?

Postby Noodles » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:02 am

Hi. I've asked this question on the Zencart Forum but not getting very far so thought i'd see if there was a Zencart whizz here who could give me a quick reply.

While the above module works fine in processing orders and communicating them back to my site, the module itself shows as "processing" on my Admin-->modules-->payment rather than "default". When I click on it, I get a white screen with an error message

"Not Acceptable. An appropriate representation of the requested resource /Admin/modules.php could not be found on this server."

So I cant uninstall it via Admin (in order to re-install) and was wondering how to do it via cPanel?

Or if there are any other suggestions for what I can do to rectify?

I have a file Admin/modules.php which is 17.61KB in size - the other Forum asked for this info - dont know if it would help to give it here also.

I am using version 1.3.9d. Should I try upgrading to h. before uninstalling and reinstalling?

Many thanks in advance.

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Noodles

The status "processing" is probably set as the default in your Zen Cart Admin settings and so thats why it is being shown in Zen Cart.

You can change your 'default' and the wordings for your statuses in Zen Cart Admin -> Localisation -> Orders Status.

Postby Noodles » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks Richard again for your help.

My problem though is not so much the word "processing" as the error message when I try to click on the module. Strangely, it is a similar message a customer gets when they try to return to my site following a purchase. They cannot return as a result. I feel that they are related but thought i'd unistall and re-install and see what happened. When I quizzed Paypal about the non-return to my site, they indicated that my return URL was:

https://www.snugbabyshop.co.uk/index.ph ... rer=paypal

whereas, in fact I have set it to

https://www.snugbabyshop.co.uk/index.ph ... ut_process

My one works, theirs gives that error message. When questioned, they indicated that "PayPal is not adding the additional characters to your return URL. This URL is a dynamically created URL that is being sent from your software to PayPal. The presence of this URL will override the URL that you have set up in your PayPal account."

I wasn't going to complicate the thread with this issue. I really feel they are related so I was going to uninstall and re-install and see what happened. But alas I cant do this either!

-# Super Mod

Postby DJBenz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 am

Off-topic but that's a lovely website Noodles. Great topics on the blog too, with advice for expectant Mums.
Dan
I'm happy being King of my own hill in life, and not aspiring to climb yours

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

Interesting as the second URL ending with '....checkout_process' is the usual one to use.

Clutching at straws a bit, but It maybe one of the over-rides configured within the CEON Url's module giving that '....refer=paypal' URL. One of the old versions of CEON Urls that has since been upgraded had a few issues like this.

Postby Noodles » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Just to give an update on the issue above, its sorted now and it was all related to my SSL configuration basically putting a block on anything to do with paypal that wasn't eminating from the actual paypal site.

So, my Paypal icon (called Paypal.jpg) wasn't showing, I couldn't access my Paypal IPN mod. via Admin and customers couldn't return to my site following a transaction on the Paypal website.

RedSpell has been helping me and I was so impressed with his efforts (and so unimpressed with my Hosting Company who installed the SSL cert) that I moved to his hosting company and hey presto, all my problems disappeared! He was right all along and my old Host showed no interest so I said bye bye and see ya :evil:

So Richard gets a helped point although it was done outside of the DSF.

King Member

Postby scotserve » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Just curious but you no longer seem to have an SSL

Postby Noodles » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Its being installed any day by my new hosts.

Return to Other Carts