Register

How to have a category listing as centre-box on homepage?

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

How to have a category listing as centre-box on homepage?

Postby Noodles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi,
My question is in the subject box - this doesn't seem possible through the Admin as only specials, new, all and featured products are allowed here. How can I display say a category (and its subcategories) called "Gift Ideas for Xmas" on the homepage?
Thanks in advance :lol:

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 am

Try this..
In Zen Cart admin...
configuration :arrow: Layout settings :arrow: Main Page - Opens with Category :arrow: enter category ID# (the number found to the left of your category on your catalogue :arrow: , categories/products page

Postby Noodles » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks Eemarket but I tried that already to no avail so I have queried it with Template Monster. Thanks for the response.

Site and admin have now disappeared!

Postby Noodles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Please help! I raised a ticket with Template Monster on the above issue and gave them the log-in details for my Admin. Last night I got the following e-mail:

[quote]
Something strange has happened to your site. I have switched the site to 'Classic Contemporary Green' template and all the pages went blank. Is that something on your server?
[unquote]

I have mailed them 3 times in the last 24 hours, with no reply! I guess they panicked and ran! But it leaves me with no site, at the busiest time of year so naturally i'm livid. My host says that the server is up. I know its probably impossible for anyone to guess what happened but I was hoping someone might have some idea, considering his e-mail above and the fact that both the site and Admin have now gone. Any suggestions would be great. I am using Zencart v1.3.9d.

No Life

Postby gordym75 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Do you or your host have a recent back up? I reckon it might be the only way to get the site back unless the numpty who screwed up can somehow get it back up and running. I'm guessing they did more than just change to the classic template to make it disappear like that. A lesson in never giving login details to anyone.

Postby Noodles » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks Gordym - lesson learned!

Mayor

Postby JhnStcks » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Does the backend go blank aswell? The templat might not be compatible with your zencart version.

Return to Other Carts