Register

Banner manager

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Banner manager

Postby Sash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 pm

In the banner manager beside each banner it says displays/clicks, obviuosly clicks is if someone clicks it,,, what exactly is the display part of it,, if it means the banner gets displayed?? where/how....

Kill two birds!! web page impressions!! if its each time a web page is displayed on someones browser, where??? on the first page,second,third,, or any page within the millions of pages,,, depending on the search query,

regardless of where a website is on the google list, if a search query was asked and your website was in that query it would still register as an impression..?????

Frazzled with info nothing seems clear anymore lol........

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Sash,

In banner manager you could have any number of individual banners appear in a certain location eg sidebox or footer in a rotation system. When adding a new banner you can configure the the sort order it is displayed as well as a date range it should appear in or a maximum number of impressions it can achieve.

So for example you might have ten banners each with a sort order set as 1 through to 10 to display in your banner sidebox. In theory if a visitor clicks on 7 different pages they will see a different banner each time, therefore some banners (the ones with sort order 1 through to 7 ) will have appeared but 8, 9 and 10 won't have.

Your stats graph displays how many times that particular banner will have appeared on a page view by one of your visitors and how many clicks it has had.

Postby Sash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 pm

redspell wrote:Sash,

Your stats graph displays how many times that particular banner will have appeared on a page view by one of your visitors and how many clicks it has had.

So does the stats include absolutely everything, including Spiders views,, as my new banner stats say my footer banners has been viewed over 4000 times in 3 days???
I know its not visitors lol, i wish it was,,,,

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Sash,

Check your settings in Zen Cart admin -> Configuration -> Sessions -> Prevent Spider Sessions is True that might give you realistic impressions data. :lol:
Last edited by redspell on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Sash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:26 pm

It is set at true,whats it supposed to be?? i thought it had to be set at true for some other reason,(cant remember what though)

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Sash,

Check your sort order for the banner adverts, if they are all sort order "0" which is the default you may get odd results.

Postby Sash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 pm

The new banners i put on ARE sort order 0 there is five of them and they show up on every page as i dont need to alternate them ( i think) as i need them to show on all pages..

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 am

Hi Sash,

Ideally you should prioritise them by giving them a sort order.

The one you want to show most of all should be 0 or 1 and then the rest 2,3,4,5 etc.

If you are happy for them to show randomly then all at sort order 0 setting is fine.

Postby Sash » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

Hi Yea the priority one i have set in the "sponsors sidebox" as it close to the products and the most relevant,, the other four sit in the footer and show all the time,,
seems fine that way unless i add more then i would have to alternate them, (guessing here lol)... still dont understand they show 4000 "displays" BUt it aint broke, so maybe leave it lol,, still annoying though lol,, drives me nuts not knowing how things work lol!!!

Return to Other Carts