Register

groups to not see products?

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

groups to not see products?

Postby vinylperfection » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

hi,

Is there a way that i can have it so that certain products can only be seen by a certain group?
I know there is a multiple price mod that lets me set various prices, but is there a way i can make some products only visible to certain people?

Basically i run a vinyl company and im looking at offering dropshippers the ability to have their own custom products made and shipped by me... so as part of their account i would add those products... but not sure how i do it in zencart, if possible!

Just Starting Out

Postby livvylou » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

not exactly what you asked for but more of a work around, there is a hide categories plug in which allows you to turn off certain categories from normal menu view and allows them to be accessed by direct link only, i use this while im testing but it can be used for what you need too if you include the direct link in registration email or on applicaton?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=391

if you do use it be aware that you have to set a category up and save and then go back into edit settings and adjust the hide/show settings from there.

i also use this to have a category for specials etc so i can link them all into the same category and include the links in newsletters for certain customers.

hope this helps?
Last edited by livvylou on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vinylperfection » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 pm

thanks for the information, i will look into that more.
shame zen isnt quite so versatile when it comes to having various groups etc.
i will have to have a think on how i can do this :)

Elite Member

Postby DVDdropship » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm

It can easily be done with a bit of scripting, any php programmer could do this for you. Not a big job really.
Last edited by DVDdropship on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vinylperfection » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm

tbh i hadnt even thought of contacting the programmer we use.
thanks for that... get so busy with some things you just foget to look at the obvious!

Return to Other Carts