Register

shipping

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

shipping

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 pm

sorry if i go round in circles but my brain is quite addled today(like any other day is different) lol

anyway i have just been sorting out a new site and i am using puckator as my dropshipper, well i was checking out thier shipping and i understand i need to add the vat to the prices thats a given but thats easy enough to work out but on my other site i use royal mail as i only ship to uk(might change to worldwide) so how do i set up the different zones and the different rates.

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Could you explain again between your first and second site - what's the difference?

Alan.

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:06 pm

the postage rates are totally different

my first site is all set by weight and the second one is set by band as in a,b one rate and c,d,e,f is another then for the different zones its a different price too

and its got me confused

i have the zones setup for the countrys, including the ones for uk just need to sort out the shipping

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Working postage rates out like that is going to be difficult. Are you using the Puckator feed? If I remember rightly, all product prices included p&p. If you are entering the products manually, I think you will have to work out what weight each code covers and then add a weight to the product.

Alan.
Last edited by Wayzgoose on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:18 pm

i would use the feed but not sure how its very different to the one i am used to so looks like a manual add files guess likes i'm in for a long night

King Member

Postby Wayzgoose » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 pm

In that case, just write down the price bands for carriage (not forgetting to add the VAT) and check them against the Royal Mail list to see what weights they cover. Then add the right weight to each product.

Alan.

P.S It's going to be a lot longer than one night. !!!

Edit: If I were you, I'd pay someone a bit of money to install the feed for you and then spend your time redoing the descriptions (unless someone comes along with a way of using the zone letters).
Last edited by Wayzgoose on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:10 pm

i hear that lol

nope i will get this thing sorted if it kills me lol

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:10 pm

I admit to being a lot lazier :lol: I do a flat rate of £4. For the inexpensive items it can encourage people to buy more and for the more expensive and heavier items they are happy with the cheaper P&P rate.

I always sell at RRP so on the heavier/often more expensive items the profit is good anyway so you can easy take up that extra £3 or you can adjust the price of the items.

If the £4 is too expensive on lighter items you can put the price of the item down and it looks to the customer as though they are getting a better bargain.

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I would do it like this :-
Using the Zones shipping method per item.
1 item.....£3.99
2 items...£4.99
3 items...£5.99
4 items...£6.99
5 items...£7.99
6 items...£8.99
7 or more ... £9.99
Puckator have a ceiling on their maximum postage cost so you won't loose out.

There is plenty of profit in their items, so you shouldn't loose out anyway.

Argos have a standard delivery charge of £5.80 for any amount of items, think how much programming work they save by doing just that !!
Last edited by eemarket on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 pm

now that could work

but i would still need to change the price for international postage or can i do that in zones too?

-# Moderator

Postby laggardlady » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:37 pm

eemarkets way looks good if it's set out like that for customers to see. I know when I'm buying over the internet I like to see what the P&P is before buying. I don't like the sites who state they do it by weight and you will only find out the cost by adding the items to the basket and going to checkout.

Who wants to go to the bother of searching and adding everything first only to decide they have rip off P&P charges and you don't want to pay :lol:

I've always found it a bit unfair that the more items a customer purchases and the more money they spend the more they must pay for delivery.

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 pm

rogue wrote:but i would still need to change the price for international postage or can i do that in zones too?

You certainly can, the zones are there and just need filling in.
Zone 2 (Europe) =
AL, AD, AM, AT, AZ, BA, BE, BG, BY, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FO, FR, GI, GL, GR, HU, HR, IS, IE, IT, KZ, LI, LT, LU, LV, MK, MT, NL, PL, PT, SE, SI, SK, SM, RU, UZ, UA, TM, TR, TJ, CH, MD, MC

Zone 3 (Rest of World) =
AX, AF, DZ, AS, AO, AQ,AI, AG, AR, AW, AU, BS, BH, BD, BB, BZ, BJ, BM, BT, BO, BW, BV, BR, IO, BN, BF, BI, KH, CM, CV, KY, CF, TD, CB, CL, CN, CX, CC, CO, KM, CG, CK, CR, CI, CU, DJ, DM, DO, TP, EC, EG, SV, GQ, ER, ET, FK, FJ, FX, GF, PF, TF, GA, GM, GE, GH, GI, GD, GP, GU, GT, GN, GW, GY, HT, HM, HN, HK, IN, ID, IR, IQ, IL, JM, JP, JO, KE, KI, KP, KR, CS, KW, KG, LA, LB, LS, LR, LY, MO, MG, MW, MY, MV, ML, MH, MQ, MR, MU, YT, MX, FM, MN, CS, MS, MA, MZ, MM, NA, NR, NP, NL, AN, NC, NZ, NI, NE, NG, NU, NF, MP, NO, OM, PK, PW, PA, PG, PY, PE, PH, PN, PR, QA, RE, IE, RO, RW, KN, LC, VC, WS, ST, SA, SN, CS, SC, CL, SG, SB, SO, ZA, GS, ES, LK, SH, PM, SD, SR, SJ, SZ, CH, SY, TW, TH, TG, TK, TO, TT, TN, TC, TV, UG, AE, US, UM, UY, VU, VA, VE, VN, VG, VI, WF, EH, YE, YU, ZR, ZM, ZW

You will just need to sort your prices out.

GB postage looks like this :-
1:3.99,2:4.99,3:5.99,4:6.99,5:7.99,6:8.99,100:9.99

Postby rogue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 pm

cool thank-you thats perfect

I Live Here

Postby eemarket » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:06 pm

My goodness, I was on form that day :D

Return to Other Carts