Register

Any One Help Me With This.

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Lightweight

Any One Help Me With This.

Postby pjlarambla » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 am

Hi All,

Can any one help me with this, I am running the latest Zen Cart on a local machine through Xammp. I would like to know how I can load an Image Packet into it, or the folder that I can copy it to so that it runs in Zen.

Also can I load a CSV file into it while I am running it on a local machine. Very new to all this so any Help will be greatfully received.

Hope some one will be able to help, all comments in idiots language please. :loud:
Be Lucky

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi pjlarambla,

A while back I was warned not to use xammp due to the potential security risks so my use of it is limited and from about 2 years ago.

But in theory uploading images when using xammp is no different than when using a regular ftp program or cpanel to upload to a web server as it is a program that lets you create mysql databases and run php on your pc.

On your zen cart root you should have a folder called 'images' so that is were you should upload your image pack to (or possibly a subfolder you have created within the images folder).

If you have easy populate installed then in theory you should be able to upload your csv file in the zencart admin area as it is a module that adds product info to the existing zen cart database that you will have created when installing zen cart.

Best practice with easy populate is to download your site csv file that is created on installation and use that as a template for the csv file that you want to upload.

Hope thatr makes sense. ;)

Richard

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Thanks will have a go tonight, should not have proplems with security as I am only running on a local machine for practice and trying to learn a bit about Zen Cart. where can I get this EP and what one should I download.

Basicly because I am running on a local machine I should be able to just copy and paste the image files across then.

This is all I have been doing with different templates that I have been messing about with.

Is EP easy to load, not that it really matters if it F***Ks up I just reload from the begining
have had to do this several times.
Be Lucky

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:34 pm

pjlarambla wrote:Is EP easy to load, not that it really matters if it F***Ks up I just reload from the begining
have had to do this several times.

:D I know the feeling well.

I find EP fairly straight forward to install, like any of the modules, just follow the instructions which are quite straight forward.

Might be an idea to research which one to install though as there have been some buggy releases. I use version 1.5.7 without any issue but I have seen people post saying that an earlier version 1.5.4 is better.

Once installed correctly you will be able to download/upload your csv files in a new option within Zencart admin -> Tools -> Easy Populate

Richard

Lightweight

Postby pjlarambla » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Redspell,

Thats great, Have just been on the Zen cart Site have downloded EP do not no what version but this is what they seem to be using, so I will give it a go.

Many Thanks, Will most probable be back with a lot more questions yet.
Be Lucky

Return to Other Carts