Register

Adding additional info box to product page

A discussion area for other carts not listed above

Moderator: Staff

Supreme Member

Adding additional info box to product page

Postby bill7096 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi all

I have decided to give free standard UK shipping a try on one of my sites. Setting this up and putting it on my main page is no probelm.

The problem comes when anyone arrives at a product page direct from Google (ie most people). They don't see the notice on the main page and the selling price looks a little high as they don't know at that point that shipping is free (well OK included).

Is there an easy way to make a global change to add either text or an addition info box in the tpl_product info.php.

Bill :S

Postby shazam » Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm

You can add anything you want to tpl_products_info_display.tpl. I do something similar by displaying a graphic detailing whatever the special is in a set location via that file, but you can add a text box or anything you wish.

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

shazam wrote:You can add anything you want to tpl_products_info_display.tpl. I do something similar by displaying a graphic detailing whatever the special is in a set location via that file, but you can add a text box or anything you wish.

That's what I hoped but I don't know how.

Bill

Elite Member

Postby Baa » Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm

I use a banner at the top of every page but below the header with shipping info.
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. (Seneca)

Supreme Member

Postby redspell » Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Bill,

Like has been suggested, if you want to announce a deal or offer then configuring / using a banner is probably the best way to go.

If you haven't configured them already go to Zen Cart Admin -> Layout Settings, and about 2/3 the way down you have the Banner Display Groups options.

If the settings are blank in the right hand column, configure them to Banner 1, Banner 2, Banner 3 through to Banner 6, the first 3 banners will appear at different locations at the top of your pages and the second three locations are at the bottom of your pages.

You need to then go to Zen Cart Admin -> Tools -> Banner Manager wher you can create your banner and the position is set in the 'Banner Group' Box where you will have to input Banner 1, Banner 2, etc.

The position of these banners varies depending on what template you are using so you may need to experiment with where you want your banner to display.

Richard

Supreme Member

Postby bill7096 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks to all who replied.
I have worked round the problem by adding the editable sidebox mod fromHERE .
Now I have it showing on every page on the site.

Bill

Return to Other Carts