Register

Which Cart and Hosting to Use?

For discussion on various ecommerce shopping carts.

Moderator: Staff

Which Cart and Hosting to Use?

Postby diddlse1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 am

I have been looking at some free opensource carts. Which one is best. The only ones I can see which look promising are ZenCart and OsCommerce.

I have used ZenCart before a few times dabbling about with it, however, each time I added a product and put in it's price, the price came back lower than what I had put in.

Also, which hosting is best to use? I have opted to use free hosting and a free domain name just to get things up and running and once my online store is ready to open, I will transfer it all to a top level domain name.

If I don't succeed, I will try again! I am determined this time (I have tried before hence using ZenCart dabbling about with it but just given up with it LOL) but not this time! It's time to get things rolling! :laugh: :laugh:

Just Starting Out

Re: Which Cart and Hosting to Use?

Postby Cyborg Industries » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm

we've used zencart lots over the past year but have recently been swayed to opencart.

both are pretty good, but opencart gives a few more features to convert your sales such as wishlist and points system.

King Member

Re: Which Cart and Hosting to Use?

Postby Wayzgoose » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Cyborg Industries wrote:we've used zencart lots over the past year but have recently been swayed to opencart.

both are pretty good, but opencart gives a few more features to convert your sales such as wishlist and points system.

and another date to check ;-)

Return to Carts